Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at Norwalk raceway in Ohio yesterday with a couple of my buddies who ride R1s. It was the 1st time at the track for all three of us on bikes. I've done it w/ cars numerous times but never w/ a bike. Let me know what you think... My bike just has a slip on and BMC, not strapped or lowered.

My 3 best passes:

R/T .219 .123 .223
60' 1.800 1.802 1.825
330' 4.663 4.618 4.608
1/8 6.935 6.889 6.816
mph 110.45 109.77 112.68
1000' 8.845 8.814 8.719
1/4 10.458 10.436 10.327
mph 139.24 137.27 139.67

My goal for the day was a 10.5 so I was pleased with the way it came out... :helmet: It felt like I was coming out of the hole hard but seemed like I was losing a little on top end... Next year I'll have a PC, headers, and damper, and lowered maybe.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Not bad for your first time out. Your times will only improve the more SEAT TIME you get. :thumbsup: Keep it up bro and let us know when you improve. :helmet:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The two guys that I went with both had R1s (04 and 06) and I was killin them all day, especially off the line... I would have 5-6 bikes on them by the 330' mark, Next year I'll break into the 9s

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Vince10R said:
next year? Whats wrong with this year?

because he's not stretched like you and needs more seat time which he won't get because winter is around the corner :dontknow:

j/m with you vince but a little serious, that was good times for the first time out and sure it will be coming. :wink:

·
Registered
99 Posts
keep after it. invest in strap.. cooler temps are coming with fall months and strapped and cooler air will get you some better times. maybe u will get there this year. i have seen strap make .3-.4 of difference on stock wheelbase liter bike. also more seat time the better you will be. :)

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
bluedevil said:
because he's not stretched like you and needs more seat time which he won't get because winter is around the corner :dontknow:

j/m with you vince but a little serious, that was good times for the first time out and sure it will be coming. :wink:
I was just trying to say that now is when your best times will happen. If I was him I wouldnt give up for the year yet. And whats stretched got to do with anything. I already told him that his times were good. If he was 62" and only went 10.30's there is a problem. If anything the long bike will have traction problems in the cold before the short bike.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I probably won't be racing again this year unless something special comes up... I'm saving for my trip to brazil so right now that has 1st priority... The event I went to was only $30 to race all day... If something like that comes up again I"ll do it but I don't plan on it.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Vince10R said:
I was just trying to say that now is when your best times will happen. If I was him I wouldnt give up for the year yet. And whats stretched got to do with anything. I already told him that his times were good. If he was 62" and only went 10.30's there is a problem. If anything the long bike will have traction problems in the cold before the short bike.:thumbsup:
Depends on the track prep and how cold....Guess RR is rubbing off on me when it comes to stretched bikes, so don't take it personally.:headshake: LOL

but ya, the cool weather is when I ran my best times, the problem is it's a short window when it starts to get new best times before they shut the track down for the winter. :badteeth:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts