Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mods include, Guhl flash, unmapped PCV, M4 GP style, and BMC race. Stock gearing, height, and wheel base. I have to say, I am pretty content with both runs and they were pretty consistent considering I am not a strip junkie.

Let me just say that on both of these runs they had the tree set up for pro... The first time I was lined up against a 14r geared for the TX mile (18,38), ready to rock and roll, know the routine... Blink, GO! WTF?! I thought I blacked out and missed the rest of the damn lights! Dont know what the hell happened, so we cracked off the line and I never saw him even next to me.

Second race was again a lowered and strapped 12r. Same damn thing with the pro tree and still wasnt expecting it. He killed me off the launch but I reeled him in and closed a considerable gap, probably only a half bike length behind him at the finish. 1/4 mile and I would have eaten him up!

Just figured Id share my strip story! Ill be hitting the 1/4 in a couple of weekends after changing up a few things.

Attachments

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and I would have video of it, but my dumbass had the GoPro set to still shot. Oh well, theres always next time. Actually due to a little mishap today, the GoPro is no longer in service... Ill be hounding eBay for a new one soon.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How much would the temperature affect preformance as well. We have had horrendous weather the past few weeks, and when I ran it was 95* with 80% humidity

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
I dont think you need to worry about the temperature unless you're maxing out the bike I dont know thats just my .02

·
Banned
1,516 Posts
that time and that mile is almost identical to my first time with my 2nd gen 10r lol with self bazzaz tune, 3rd gen head and intake cam, oh and .5 headgasket, everything else was stock

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
I was running like 7.3 my first time on my 1st Gen. Pro tree really works your mind cuz you dont expect it. Thats what I had to deal with too. Seat time I guess.

Mods = Boz Bros Gild, PCIII (no dyno), BMC Street.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts