Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so just a bit about the track first. It's a pretty technical track and generally IMO and talking with other maintained like ass. Track gets very little use and not cleaned much. Today was an extremely shitty day weather wise as the rain was hit and miss. Did a lot of dumb things but I learned from them so not bad all in all. Crash twice, both low sides. This is the second crash.

crash damage is really minor and ended up being able to do something I found quite entertaining. Will post pictures later misplaced my camera.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Cool little track. I was riding a track day at willow springs, one of my first track days.

The rain came and they announced the first session was active. I went out and was the only one on the track. I remember all the looks of disbelief and the he's gonna crash laughs.

I lapped for a good 30 minutes in pouring rain...then it let up! I started to wick it up a bit and I guess they called open session because the whole pit entered the track. We had a nice Congo line going which dried one small line around the whole track.

Nobody crashed and I ended up riding for at least 60 minutes before my arms gave out.

Fun times.

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
track was just super slick all day. First session back end sliding out into corners. Almost highsided coming out of turn 2 which is not a cool place to do that. 2nd session seem to be dryer and my balls grew. Bad idea but I totally could have saved it just went about it the wrong way. Left my balls in between turn 5 and 6 then pick them up the next session only to tuck the front maybe 5 minutes into it. In the last crash I loaded the brakes like I was doing just squeezed a little more but nothing crazy well you know the rest.

I'm not going back to the track without race tires for the proper conditions.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'm not going back to the track without race tires for the proper conditions.

Good street tires will do better in the rain than DOTs

Too bad you had such crappy weather.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
damn that shit looks off the charts for crazy...2 kawi's down in no time.
Only been on trakc in the rain once, and it is evaporating before it could really cover anything up...thankfully i was running DCIII

This is where traction control comes into play for sure..

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Man, I am glad you started tracking that 636 before you throw your CF10 into the mix. Not too bad damage-wise though. Good stuff.

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Man, that sucks you went down, but props to you for trying it in the rain. I have yet to run in the rain. It only gets more addictive and more expensive from here!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts