Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just picked up my first 1000 a few weeks ago, got an '04 ZX10r with a little damage, but the price was right so I couldn't pass it up.

Upgraded from a CBR 600 to this and seems to be quite the jump in power.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Good to have ya aboard man and you have the best gen 10r ever!!!! that rascal is ALOT more powerful than your 600 so just try to take it easy until you get use to it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah its quite the beast everyone says it is. waiting for the speedometer, the last piece to make it completely rideable.

previous owner lowsided, put all new plastics on and I picked it up for 3,200 with 8500 miles. Put a new ram air and upper fairing stay on it, and like new, besides a dented tank. Should be a fun summer with the 10r.

·
Registered
14 Posts
hey whats up it's my first post on here. I got my first litre bike bout 2 weeks ago. Already done the fender eliminator yesterday because it was buggin the hell out of me. I haven't rode for a few years but got spring fever and I haven't turned back since. I had a 99 gsx 600 and man am I glad I didn't go to the zx6r.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey whats up it's my first post on here. I got my first litre bike bout 2 weeks ago. Already done the fender eliminator yesterday because it was buggin the hell out of me. I haven't rode for a few years but got spring fever and I haven't turned back since. I had a 99 gsx 600 and man am I glad I didn't go to the zx6r.
yeah, i was in the same boat, very glad i went with the 1000

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally got a crappy cellphone pic the other day. I'd love to get rid of the Chinese plastics and get an OEM set.

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm on a Gen I 10 too. Love this bike!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Finally got a crappy cellphone pic the other day. I'd love to get rid of the Chinese plastics and get an OEM set.
So are you saying they are for sale? I'd take them off your hands.

·
Registered
119 Posts
i like these fairings you got on.....i just don't know if i trust the chinese body work enough to buy it, heard too many horror stories of the fairings not lining up properly

·
Registered
418 Posts
Mine experience with them would be one of those horror stories. Put a set on an 04 636 and NOTHING lined up. The ones you have on your bike look pretty sweet... just dont know if id try taking them off :lol:

Glad to hear youre loving the bike. I just got my first 10r and its the 04 as well. All stock aside from the can. Enjoy the ride!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've had all of the fairings off except the tail so far, and got them back on with only a little trouble. Theyre not perfect, but not too bad. I'd like to get a set of oem plastics for winter to repaint and go over the whole bike.

·
Registered
56 Posts
:welcome: another problem with the chinese plastcs is when you crash the sh!t blows up like a bomb lol. oem likes to slide...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts