Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the day off work to swap out the old foobar'd engine and put the nice ex mss bsb lump in....

bloody hell HOW many connectors!??! only done my zxr400 when i was racing them... I can now appreciate how much more electronics goes into the bike!!

got it finished and started on the button... only forgot to tighten up one water hose.. so i consider that a success ;-)

just waiting for the bodywork to come back from the painters and I can finally get the beast on the road [clap]

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
engine was a bargain... looking forward to getting the exhaust and it on the dyno...

·
Registered
346 Posts
You got that bike stripped down pretty far. My bike's been apart so many times the hardware is about wore out.
Got any pics of the new paint?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
got to wait another 2 weeks for the paint... i'm not good at waiting.. which reminds me i need to chase the powdercoaters who are redoing the top yoke...

promise will post pics of new paint.. going back with a nice metalic fleck..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no i'm just getting my stock stuff repainted... haggling over a swingarm currently ;-)

i've dropped nick morgan a message asking about the carbon air ducts again and see if he replies this time... if not i'm going down there in a few weeks and will ask him..

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
i have never done a complete swap by myself, good job man.

·
Registered
242 Posts
nice work man. Im looking into building a bike over the winter/spring so this just inspires the cause!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts