Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my first bike, something I can claim as my own and its an 04 ZX10R. I learned to ride 3 years ago on my dads 03 CBR 954 and in the past he's had nothing but that series (900, 929, 954) so finally being able to get my own I've decided to stray from the family line and go Ninja. I'm hoping to learn a lot about this awesome bike here and learn from you more experienced riders.

My purple beast with a purple marble paint job.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Congrats... & you're scaring me :badteeth: You did not purchase a beginners bike. In fact, I would (from my own reading & owning an 04) say you're bike is less a respecter of persons than say an 07 or 09. The 04 zx10 gained the reputation as a hooligan by some UK test riders that tested in against other new 04s. They agreed it was a top bike, but weren't fighting each other to ride it around the tight track.

Also, when I purchased my first liter bike a good friend gave me a David Hough book http://www.soundrider.com/archive/safety-skills/proficient_motorcycling.htm (it was worth its weight in gold).

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
What it do... Welcome bro :icon_rr:

Your 04 will feel like the 954 except the 10 does not stop pulling... Like others have said, the Gen I 04/05 is a very agressive bike. Won the liter bike shootout in 2004.

Give you an idea... Most people will only wheelie that bike in 2nd gear. In comparison my Gen III is more difficult to wheelie in 2nd and 1st is smooth.

Make sure you have good tires Pirellie, Michillen, Bridgestone any one of the three and a steering dampener. GPR, Scotts etc.

Glad you have a Jacket and Helmet get a nice pair of boots and gloves too. You can still keep some style and have protective footwear.

The bike game is serious! Okay I'm done preaching!

Again, welcome :eek:ccasion1

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Welcome aboard man and just stay safe on that monster!! i have an 04' and can tell ya that even after a couple go fast mods...i've moved on to the suspension and braking to upgrade next cause this thing is retarded fast!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts