Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Man that's an awesome first time run! Congrats :eek:ccasion1.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Dang bud that's putting it down:thumbsup:.....why didn't you tell me you where in town I wasn't doing anything yesterday :heyyou:

That kind of time is going to smoke most that go out there, I think you did what Anthony did out here on his 1st Gen but not sure of all the mods just that he was stretched.....anyway great time and way to put the smackdown :thumbsup:

PS...was year busa and mods?

bloo

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dang bud that's putting it down:thumbsup:.....why didn't you tell me you where in town I wasn't doing anything yesterday :heyyou:

That kind of time is going to smoke most that go out there, I think you did what Anthony did out here on his 1st Gen but not sure of all the mods just that he was stretched.....anyway great time and way to put the smackdown :thumbsup:

PS...was year busa and mods?

bloo
My Bad I really thought about calling you but I thought you were probably busy!! the busa was an 08 but stock wheelbase, carbon fiber wheels with ceramic bearings and a lot of mods but for his weight (240Lbs) and stock wheelbase was doing great!! He managed to run 9.40s too but it took him like 20 runs to do it!! Next time I will let you know for sure! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
YOU SUCK!!! Jk wicked time!!! What's the difference between a quick shifter and a air shifter? Or same shit different pile?
Quick shifter momentarily kills the ignition coils when you move the lever, allowing for WOT shifts.

An air shifter has a tank, solenoid, etc, and physically moves the shift lever for you. Most kits are hooked up to the horn button - IE when you reached your desired shift point you press the horn button to change gears. Some kits are "autoshift" meaning when the bike reaches the desired RPM it automatically triggers the solenoid and changes gears.

Hope that helps. :thumbsup:

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Quick shifter momentarily kills the ignition coils when you move the lever, allowing for WOT shifts.

An air shifter has a tank, solenoid, etc, and physically moves the shift lever for you. Most kits are hooked up to the horn button - IE when you reached your desired shift point you press the horn button to change gears. Some kits are "autoshift" meaning when the bike reaches the desired RPM it automatically triggers the solenoid and changes gears.

Hope that helps. :thumbsup:
Well said Patrick!! Sorry jl for not replying to your post but patrick told you how it is!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts