Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yeah, my 3 yr. old daughter got hold of some change and decided to make my muffler her new piggy bank.Unfortunately I wasn't able to reach them before they fell into my pipe.Actually most of them fell in when I attempted to remove them.

Obviously removing the coins is in order. I wonder if anyone has something like happen to them before?

What issue may come up with riding with a couple of Abraham's rattling in my pipes?

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
aftermarket or factory? shouldnt be too bad just unbolting the system and flipping it over and having the coins fall out.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
they may blow out if you gun it. It maybe worth a try to leave it in neutral start it and gun it to high revs and kill it without letting off the throttle so it won't have a chance to suck the coins back further toward the engine.

If you still have cats then they the coins can't do too much damage.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
When my son was 3, he put a Hot Wheels car (or two?) in the OEM muffler of my zx-12R. That pipe got HOT with the catalytic converter in the front part of the can. I didn't know there was a problem until I returned home from my 88 mile round trip commute: found wisps of smoke coming from my exhaust.. Only THEN did I realize what had been done.. Kids. What can ya do?

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
I had part of the butterfly valve fall into mine when I cut it in half to get it out. I just had a friend lift the front forks while I was holding the bike fell right out:lol:

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Does it sound like a ducati now? Just kidding :badteeth: A friend of mine had his kid put rocks in his bike. I put a rolled up micro fiber in my racefit so things won't get in there and take it out when I go riding.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,361 Posts
Well, look at it this way, your bike is more valuable now. :lol:

No damage will occur from it. They will just sit and rattle at the low point of the exhaust. Gonna have to disassemble the piping to get the m out most likely, which isn't a big deal. The other way would be to yoke up a nice long wheelie on the road and let them fall out. :badteeth:

·
Registered
206 Posts
So yeah, my 3 yr. old daughter got hold of some change and decided to make my muffler her new piggy bank.Unfortunately I wasn't able to reach them before they fell into my pipe.Actually most of them fell in when I attempted to remove them.

Obviously removing the coins is in order. I wonder if anyone has something like happen to them before?

What issue may come up with riding with a couple of Abraham's rattling in my pipes?
Higher resale value (slightly). More an issue for the buyer. :cool:

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, look at it this way, your bike is more valuable now. :lol:

No damage will occur from it. They will just sit and rattle at the low point of the exhaust. Gonna have to disassemble the piping to get the m out most likely, which isn't a big deal. The other way would be to yoke up a nice long wheelie on the road and let them fall out. :badteeth:
Yeah,if I attempt any wheelies I'll end up looking like this :badteeth:

@ MUSHU

I decided to man up and just ride her and see what happens,so I took her to work this morning and nothing,at least for now.

...yeah,it did sound like a Ducati for a moment.That was probably the most scary part.

I still got to find the time and take them out by hand.

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,371 Posts
Did you ask her why she did it?
:dontknow:

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts