Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

My Custom-Made Seat - PART II

2K views 30 replies 25 participants last post by  Saudi Biker 
#1 ·
Hi fellows,

As I promised, I've rebuilt the seat. I used a couple of the valuable suggestions that are stated in the former topic.

- I've added a thin layer of foam on top of the AirHawk Cushion.
- Drilled a small hole in the seat plastic and ran the airbag hose under the seat.
- Stapled the cover with smaller stables.

Here is the result:

Thanks to all the ppl who gave me some suggestions. I do appreciate all the consructive criticism.

Cheers!

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
Looks much better, see this site really does offer some postive sarcasm!

#13 ·
Nice job on the redo!

#14 ·
Nah.....that can't be the same seat..can it?..LOL!!!:thumbsup: to a job well done...taking the - and turn it into a +...Well done!!

#23 ·
Thanks man. I didnt use the stock foam at all. Instead I added the AirHawk Cushion on top of the seat base and then added half an inch of foam on top of the cushion... That's all. It's much more comfortable than the stock ones... Try it out guys and you will never regret it.

#29 ·
Big Ups to you says Ali G.

Seriously, MUCH better. For anyone looking to shave their seat, the secret is to cut the underside of the foam down that mates to the hard plastic, not cut the part that your butt sits on just underneath the vinyl. That way, you have a nice smooth surface to stretch the vinyl over, but when sat on, you notice the benefits.

Great original post and update.

#30 ·
Great work! Umm, how much you charging for te seat rebuild? I'll send you mine if you want the work.

#31 ·
Thank you bro for this level of trust... However, working on bikes is only my hobby that I practice on my bike in my free time. I'm not planning to generate business out of this. If I have extra free time, I'd rather invest it in track racing, which is much more exciting than normal street riding/ racing.

Again, thanks for your trust and offer. If there is anything I can do to help you explain how I did it, I can do that. The main procedures are mentioned in my 2 topics, though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.