Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Ive been watching the weather like crazy trying to squeeze in one last ride before it snows. So last Monday looked like a good day so I actually took a day off work which I never do but figured I deserved it. Had my ride planned out and everything. So Sunday night my heart decides to freak out and go into A-fib and I end up In the hospital for 5 days. Crappy part is now there is 6 inches of snow and therefore ends my riding season. So here I sit (at home now) reading about you guys in Florida, California etc riding all year.... Yup damn I'm jealous :badteeth:

·
The Pace
6,904 Posts
Sounds serious. Can't be too sick cause thinking about riding. Weather on my loop here is icy since last Thurs. So off the bike since and still looks cold at the top. Have a weather link at the nerd site at top of Mt. Ham.

http://mthamilton.ucolick.org/hamcam/hamcam1.html

That first cam points down the front of ham toward San Jose, which is my exit. Other link shows weather stats. Works good for me cause if the temp is around 35f, then I know black ice on back side in all shadows. Kinda learned the hard way about that!

So, have to wait awhile till warms up. Riding slab or other loop full of traffic is not fun for me. Just gotta be patient.

Anyway, yesterday had to change out low beam side on g4. Talk about an intelligence test with that stupid little spring! I think I have to leave that phillips screw holding that side of the clip and just undo the other side. Like to take me forever to get back.

Then I changed the oil. Great fun!

So rest up and don't worry about riding for awhile.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I missed a riding season back in 2011 with heart problems, Right now, SCREW RIDING and take care of yourself. My thoughts and prayers are with you.:thumbsup:

·
Chairman of the Board
16,008 Posts
:+2: To what R1 said. Take care of you for now Gumby and there will be lots of riding days in your future.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Damn brother take care of yourself and ride another day.. I can relate to bad health keeping one from riding. It's been two years since me and the wife have been able to ride. I had two major back surgeries in 2010 one of which put me in a wheelchair that I was told i would never get out of but I kicked it's ass and today I walk just fine! Then my wife had to have surgery on both wrist for tendon fraying issues and that has kept us parked this year.. I won't ride with her beside me and she won't ride without me beside her so neither one one us has rode anything!! It's KILLING US BOTH!!! But 2013 looks promising health wise and we will be back in the saddle again as AeroSmirh would say!!! Hang in there dude there will be better days for riding ahead!

Now all we have to do is make it bast this Dec 21st deal all in one piece and we got it whipped!! Seriously that shit concerns me since we had an earthquake in Kentucky that was 100 miles away from my house in Tennessee yesterday that shook my house like a rag doll!!!! That shit has never happened before and it has my attention!

·
Registered
691 Posts
If it makes you feel any better here in Nebraska it was 74 on Saturday, kinda windy. And snowing Sunday morning with a high of 32 or some shit. I did get to ride some tho. Hope your heart is okay tho and you can always ride later.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Damn brother take care of yourself and ride another day.. I can relate to bad health keeping one from riding. It's been two years since me and the wife have been able to ride. I had two major back surgeries in 2010 one of which put me in a wheelchair that I was told i would never get out of but I kicked it's ass and today I walk just fine! Then my wife had to have surgery on both wrist for tendon fraying issues and that has kept us parked this year.. I won't ride with her beside me and she won't ride without me beside her so neither one one us has rode anything!! It's KILLING US BOTH!!! But 2013 looks promising health wise and we will be back in the saddle again as AeroSmirh would say!!! Hang in there dude there will be better days for riding ahead!

Now all we have to do is make it bast this Dec 21st deal all in one piece and we got it whipped!! Seriously that shit concerns me since we had an earthquake in Kentucky that was 100 miles away from my house in Tennessee yesterday that shook my house like a rag doll!!!! That shit has never happened before and it has my attention!
i hope you get to ride this year bro. you get a ton of respect from me for kicking that wheelchairs ass and aking it your bitch lol. i live in CA and in time earthquakes get to be fun as long as everything stays together lol

·
Registered
153 Posts
So Ive been watching the weather like crazy trying to squeeze in one last ride before it snows. So last Monday looked like a good day so I actually took a day off work which I never do but figured I deserved it. Had my ride planned out and everything. So Sunday night my heart decides to freak out and go into A-fib and I end up In the hospital for 5 days. Crappy part is now there is 6 inches of snow and therefore ends my riding season. So here I sit (at home now) reading about you guys in Florida, California etc riding all year.... Yup damn I'm jealous :badteeth:
get well man, come hang out in cali. you too can ride year round

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
It scares me to hear things like this as I battle high blood pressure everyday which has played hell on my ole ticker!! Take care of yourself 1st man!!!! The riding will be there for ya!!!! I hope you a healthy/ speedy recovery!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Better winter than summer. I just wasted an entire summer. Between moving (buying a house) and a shoulder reconstruction, i only rode about 5 times all summer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts