Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I met up with some of the guys last nigth and with a 170 lbs rider on my bike my bike won in the 9/10ths about 4 bikes. I think the gearing I chose works pretty well for my set up its 17/38 so should be aroudn 189-190mph.

but that 14 has so much pull down low, who ever says they dont have bottom end power, watch any race between the 14 they always get out on the liter bikes.

my buddies raced each other one has a 05 gsxr1k, fast of the fastest, of course he won abotu 8 bike lengths.

but the good news is is that my bike beat the 14r with a few more hp than mine and abotu 20 more ft lbs I guess that 100 lbs weight difference caught up to him.

I cant wait for the weekend to roll around.

P.S. ICEMAN Im gettin better at no names no times no palces lol:badteeth:

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Sounds like the bike is running well.. congrats on the win.. youll be out to run the 9/10ths this week then i presume.. iceman has still not yet tuned my bike cause the damn weather but by the time we run itll be ready.. i hope youll make it down here.. lmk

I guess then i should assume that zx14 would have gotten it handed to him buy iceman afterall if you pulled 189 and beat him right?? I personally never thought he had a chance but hey maybe hey will be quicker by the time we run..:mrgreen:

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah the guy who owns it hasnet really done this kind of racing befor either so hes not quite in the groove of thigns yet. but if I can get him out (which is very hard to do) then we'll see how it runs speed wise.

My bike didnt hit the limiter but I dont knwo what speed it was htiting, anythign over 186 will be decent to me with that gearing but I didnt have the radar gun out.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Thursday
Partly sunny with showers.

I will try again thats 2 days in a row with rain.
going to run the suzuki 1000 again and see how much we picked up.
Garth make sure the zx14 gets out to the races after he got beat by jaun
he might not show up.
Anyway I will run some of the other bikes.

·
Registered
451 Posts
garth285 said:
Well I met up with some of the guys last nigth and with a 170 lbs rider on my bike my bike won in the 9/10ths about 4 bikes. I think the gearing I chose works pretty well for my set up its 17/38 so should be aroudn 189-190mph.

but that 14 has so much pull down low, who ever says they dont have bottom end power, watch any race between the 14 they always get out on the liter bikes.

my buddies raced each other one has a 05 gsxr1k, fast of the fastest, of course he won abotu 8 bike lengths.

but the good news is is that my bike beat the 14r with a few more hp than mine and abotu 20 more ft lbs I guess that 100 lbs weight difference caught up to him.

I cant wait for the weekend to roll around.

P.S. ICEMAN Im gettin better at no names no times no palces lol:badteeth:
your gearing should be about 190.5-191.5 mph 17/38

·
Registered
238 Posts
Ice i'm Thinking the guy on the zx14 needs more seat time ... I'm sure he would have done better ... Really what needs to happens is have you ride it....and one of your super tunes.... :)

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I actually talked to james tonight, were probably not gunan come down this weekend but mabey the next.

The kid defintly needs more seat time, the 14 picks up in 1st so bad even lowered liek he is that he has to short shift for it to stay down but hes still in front though when he short shifts.

I think once he gets the 9/10ths racing down he'll be deadly with that thing. Were getting a power commander in soon for it to so we'll be able to map it for his pipe.

I did 191.6 I Think with 18/40 gearing with my carbon rims, I think it might pull near that speed also but I havent radar'ed the bike with me on it yet so we'll see might go out during the week and try it out

·
Registered
451 Posts
1300hemibusa said:
Ice i'm Thinking the guy on the zx14 needs more seat time ... I'm sure he would have done better ... Really what needs to happens is have you ride it....and one of your super tunes.... :)
I would love to ride it, and I am sure its fast.
I had a guy come out with a stocker for me to run but I missed him, I will get to run it next time and let ya know what a stock zx14 runs.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I agree, someone else needs to ride it. I went by him pretty easy on the zx10 coming back from a 2-3 bike deficit. The 14 seems to have a killer chassis. I'm willing to bet that it's pretty easy to launch hard. What I couldn't figure out is that my bike was only 4 bikes quicker than garth's. I had to come from behing on the zx10 (the 14 got me by about 3 bikes in the start). On my bike I started pulling away in 1st gear and hit the limiter at about 8-8.5/10 of a mile at 193. On garth's bike I didnt hit the limiter.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats because the mighty kawasaki is FAST hahahahaha.

mabey its cause My buddy weighs less than you or somethign but when we go out next time and we can do some better runs, ya know not a night and everythign we'll see whats going on.

I gotta radar the biek and see what mph it will pull with me on it also.

·
Registered
451 Posts
garth285 said:
Thats because the mighty kawasaki is FAST hahahahaha.

mabey its cause My buddy weighs less than you or somethign but when we go out next time and we can do some better runs, ya know not a night and everythign we'll see whats going on.

I gotta radar the biek and see what mph it will pull with me on it also.
Garth,
Deezuhl said he wants to run you again, he is going to give you 2 bikes and the hit, do you accept these handicaps ??

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sure no problem, I gotta see what mph I come across with my gearing, we all know my fatass cant pull my bike up top. Im not gunan be down south though this weekend mabey next week though, well all be up N here but you guys are more than welcome to come on up here :)

James and I might go out for some testing and tuning.

That or..... well stick you on his bike and one of my jockeys on mine and see how they do.

We can do it how ever I dont think 2 bikes will be neccesiary either way.....Im ready :)

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
is this gunna be with his kawi high compression pistons or jsut the cam work you have done so far?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
garth285 said:
That or..... well stick you on his bike and one of my jockeys on mine and see how they do.

We can do it how ever I dont think 2 bikes will be neccesiary either way.....Im ready :)
your better off racing me at 230lbs vs your 190lbs then letting Iceman get on it.. see if you can get juan tho to ride your bike vs. iceman... you got your stock rims on there it shouldnt be a problem.. this week is going to be very good i wouldnt stay up there in SLOW palm beach.. come down and run with the fast bikes.. lmk

btw.. you dont really think its possible to build a bottom end in a week do you?? those kawi pistons arent going in for a few weeks and the bike will be down til begin of october before maxton.. if it would just stop raining for 1 day iceman could actually tune the bike so we can see what it runs finally..

·
Registered
451 Posts
I wish I was that fast to build a motor in 1 day !!!
It would be more like a month.
When we do the pistons the crank will go out for a balance, we will
have to get rods and bearings, as I am sure I read something about rods with the kawi pistons, port the head, balance rods and pistons, valve springs
and a whole lot of time in tearing down and building back up, droping motor and putting motor back in, simply cannot be done in one saturday afternoon.
Actually we went to subway so it took us about 3.5 hours not the whole afternnon to degree cams in the bike.
The bike has degreed cams, map, and some small mods, the last time I raced it we had some small mods I did, the map that was in the bike I just looked over and changed fuel #'s off the top of my head.
Bike's new custom map will be done today.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Garth
I would like to come up and race but last couple of times I was there It was like pulling teeth, I had a very very hard time getting a race, maybe its different now I dont know?? I will ask Jaun.
Its different over here, everyone wants to race win or loose, all in good fun.
The more you race the more you learn and the faster you get.
You guys are more than welcome here, and you can pick a race from a whole bunch of guys you have not met yet.:thumbsup:

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah it is pretty hard to find races up here so no it hasent changed, I jsut asked about the kawi pistons cause deezhul said he was goign to do them and I didnt know what you guys were up to.

you guys ever able to see what that bike does in the 9/10ths yet.

·
Registered
451 Posts
garth285 said:
yeah it is pretty hard to find races up here so no it hasent changed, I jsut asked about the kawi pistons cause deezhul said he was goign to do them and I didnt know what you guys were up to.

you guys ever able to see what that bike does in the 9/10ths yet.
Not yet its been raining I am getting on the bike in a few minutes
and will finish the tune, and run it later, with the degree and tune
I am sure it will be a few mph faster.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
cool, were doing some work to the other black 06 that was out that day we came down, Im sure james might give ya a call to ask some questions.

I was saying with the racing thoguh, deezhul and I can go at it and then we can have mabey sal and Jaun go at it if you guys wouldnt mind or somethign like that.

That gearign I had on that day was jsut terrible thought so it made me look bad so now that Im proper gearing I think it will be a great race.

If not then it will be a good race with Juan on it hahahaha.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts