Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I few days ago, I got back from the track, and had no issues while there, and when I got home I proceeded to switch out my track Skins for the street skins as normal. When I took it out the next day to ride, I noticed a buzzing sound coming from the front faring, apparently around the dampener. Having owned this bike for about a year now, I know all the sounds my bike makes, and immediately determined this was not the normal 08 buzzing. Figuring I just had a screw loose, I took out the all the screws, applied lock tight, and put the bike back together. No help at all. The sound starts around 3K RPMs, and gets louder as the revs increase. By 7,000 RPMs, it louder then the engine, and the bike starts vibrating so badly it makes my whole body numb. If i press down hard on the front of my tank, the vibrations get week, and the noise dies down, so logically I would assume the problem is there, but when I drain, disassemble every part of the tank, find new problems, re attach it as tight as i can, and still get the same problem, I run out of ideas.

My friends have given me all kinds of "expert" advise, ranging from "i think there's something rattling in your exhaust" and "No dude, you must have a screw loose that you cant find" to "Your sparkplugs are miss firing."

does any one here have any ideas? this is driving me insane, and as my bike is more only source of transportation until I get money from insurance company to replace my now totaled Jeep, im pretty dependent on keeping it running.

Thanks Guys

· Registered
230 Posts
are you making everything tight or torqing it to spec had the same problem on my 07 it was due to my sliders being to tight on a 07 the sliders are a motor mount

· Registered
230 Posts
I am not sure on a 08 the sliders are not a motor mount but if it were my bike I would get out a torque wrench and make sure every non fairing bolt I have touched is to spec

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.