Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is not my Akra cans...(they are lovely though):cool:

Its fitting a 16 T front sprocket...:eyecrazy:

Whoooohooo, now this is how the 06 gearing should have been. by simply dropping a tooth on the front, I can now access the torque and power much more easily, which makes my bike much more ridable on the street. My only criticism of the 06 10R was the lack of any real power below 4800 rpm, and this mod really addresses this problem.

I need to get a speedohealer jobby now though, because my speedo is approx. 12% high (at indicated 100 mph the true speed was 88 mph measured using my GPS).

Go on....do this mod you 06 boys

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
yup it was the very same for us lowly 04,5 owners too AND it puts the power curve and gearing where it should be with the G1k and CBR, hence byby fellers. :lol:

and it will still run a max of nearly a true 179mph if your so inclined.

BD

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Big Daddy said:
yup it was the very same for us lowly 04,5 owners too AND it puts the power curve and gearing where it should be with the G1k and CBR, hence byby fellers. :lol:

and it will still run a max of nearly a true 179mph if your so inclined.

BD
Yeah, i was going to do this mod on my 04, but i just never got round to it....now in hindsight i really regret not doing this on my old bike. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
39 Posts
curoius about any rumors of a full system released. only heard of slip-ons at the moment. re:06 talked to hindle at daytona and they said it was on the r&d bench possibly the end of march but we all know it will be closer to may for a release .

·
Registered
698 Posts
aussie70 said:
curoius about any rumors of a full system released. only heard of slip-ons at the moment. re:06 talked to hindle at daytona and they said it was on the r&d bench possibly the end of march but we all know it will be closer to may for a release .
HEY, Don't hijack the thread buddy!:lol: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
aussie70 said:
I can only confirm that Akrapovic are selling a full system for the 06 here in the UK. I almost bought one, went for cans instead though.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Yonkyo said:
Is not my Akra cans...(they are lovely though):cool:

Its fitting a 16 T front sprocket...:eyecrazy:

Whoooohooo, now this is how the 06 gearing should have been. by simply dropping a tooth on the front, I can now access the torque and power much more easily, which makes my bike much more ridable on the street. My only criticism of the 06 10R was the lack of any real power below 4800 rpm, and this mod really addresses this problem.

I need to get a speedohealer jobby now though, because my speedo is approx. 12% high (at indicated 100 mph the true speed was 88 mph measured using my GPS).

Go on....do this mod you 06 boys

:thumbsup:
Does it make it more prone to wheelies thought?

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,368 Posts
What brand was the sprocket? My last bike was a 2000 ZX-7R and I went down on a the front Sprocket and YES it made a HUGE difference for a HEAVY bike, but the 06' Zx-10R being SO much lighter and MUCH more power, is it that necessary? Wouldn’t it cause wheelies if you hit the throttle hard every time? Since 1st gear is so tall?

-Sean

·
Registered
290 Posts
Katmanblues said:
Does it make it more prone to wheelies thought?
I'm curoious about this as well. Being 6' and 250 lbs ,mine doesn't come up on me in a second gear roll on unless I chop the throttle a little,(depending on body position of course). I like the fact that i can roll on 2nd @ wot and keep it down.Will the 16T have a big wheelie effect?

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Jax: If you are happy with it, then keep it.

I am abit smaller build, and with stock gearing, in 3rd it still lifts. (5'8 190lbs with gear) Guess I should add that I am a tank hugger. Stock suspension setup mind you. Launches suck with the stock gearing by the way so far. Once you are going, it is not bad. If you play at tracks, things would of course will have to be played with.

A four tooth diff actually is a big change. You change one on the front is almost 4 in the rear diff. The front change out is cheaper though.

·
Registered
290 Posts
i hear ya, I would just like to have the gruunt down low. i have a buddy on an RC 51 that likes to do the occasional roll on when we're on GRs and he has no second gear left from where I like to go from, I mean, I end up gopin on by him anyway but it just takes a couple seconds.:lol: .......He thinks the RC is Gods bike

·
Registered
290 Posts
He has Sato hi mounts and a PC3 with the Dan Kyle download and I still pull him pretty hard, but we stay right next to each other for a couple seconds until I hit about 8 or 9K and then it's Bye Bye!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have got 1 tooth up on the rear and the bike wheelies up on the power in 2nd no bother, it has livened things up a bit without been to hard out of corners

1 - 20 of 41 Posts