Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear ZX-10R.net members, I have very sad news (for myself): last night I had to put Caesar down. He was my awesome, 13yr old Dalmation. I got him in '97 right after I moved to S. Florida from NY. It hurts so much! I got home from the vet around 9p and just went straight to sleep. I cried my eyes out at the vet as they put him to sleep. I had Caesar for so long. It was me and him from the beginning as I started my new life down here, you know. From when I was poor, he was with me, and now with a family and career, he was still with me. Man, this hurts.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Man i'm so sorry about that!
I know your pain I lost my dog last year "Oliver" he was a bernese mountain dog and the best dog I ever owned. I still get choked up thinking about it, i'm still not ready to think about getting a new one yet

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Sorry for your loss Joker…..I went through the same thing back over 10yrs ago but for me it hurt mostly because I had to cut my dog’s life short as to not suffer fighting a rare disease and he was only 6yrs old. I use to take that dog with me everywhere, even at work sometimes and it hurt so much I didn’t want another dog for awhile……I know what you’re going through but 13yrs is a full life and you have that to hang on to with all those many memories.

bloo

·
Registered
153 Posts
I feel your pain man. I had to put my dog down this summer after 6 years of good times together. It still bums me out but it gets better. Hang in there

·
Registered
653 Posts
my condolences on the loss of your dog.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you guys and girl for your well wishes. It hurts but it helps to have great members like you all. Again, thank you, it means alot to me. :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Sorry you lost your dog man, at least he lived to a ripe old age and your shared some good times with him.
It's always hard losing a pet. Especially when your closely bonded.

·
Registered
190 Posts
sorry man i know how that feels when my pup skags got killed i went crazy and my wife cried as if one of our sons had died. best medicine is having fun with the family and just enjoying life.

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
:+1: Just went thru the same thing last may! My pitbull died after 12 quick years! I swear the time fly by! That was my 3rd time losin a dog! And it's still painful! A dog's life is so short you have to cherish the moments with them an try not to take them for granted! Like I found myself saying damn I wish I would've played with him more or took him for more walks? Trust me I know the pain you guys felt! It's been over a year now an I'm still not ready to get another one yet. :headshake I'm scared of that pain of losin them!

Man i'm so sorry about that!
I know your pain I lost my dog last year "Oliver" he was a bernese mountain dog and the best dog I ever owned. I still get choked up thinking about it, i'm still not ready to think about getting a new one yet

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
You guys ever notice that people who aren't animal or dog lovers can't relate to the sadness you feel when your dog dies? They kinda act like what's the big deal? It's just a dog get over it! It's not that serious! I hate that! :headshake

·
Registered
182 Posts
its hard dealing with loss of an animal...sorry about your loss... you can always adopt another dog and save a life wont take your pups place but im sure hed be grateful your saving a fellow dog!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts