Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed the oil this past weekend to notice the top end gasket is leeking at cylinder #1. I was heartbroken. My baby. Anyway, I have heard such things are normal but to an extent... How concerned should I be? Can I expect it to be resolved when I get the valves checked?
thanks

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
Are you talking about the valve cover gasket (the uppermost one on the engine, very close to the top)? Very easy to fix when the big scheduled maintenance is being done.

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,134 Posts
I would try to tighten the bolt first, if that fails then replace the gasket! I changed mine out, it's not that hard but it's time consuming...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you talking about the valve cover gasket (the uppermost one on the engine, very close to the top)? Very easy to fix when the big scheduled maintenance is being done.
Valve cover gasket, that's the one. Sorry, when I was typing, my mind couldn't think of the exact word.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Don't feel bad, mine is leaking again too, and I just had it replace last year. Damn shop is trying to say it's because of the wheelies I do. :dontknow:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts