Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I haven't been around much lately. Had a shitty couple weeks... I'm sure everybody has been there and done that and understands. Hopefully things are starting to look up though. Either that or I finally got to the point that I could look past most of it. :wink: Anyway, I have been missin' my 10 lately. Still love the 636 but I do miss the 10. May be getting a nice promotion at work. Approx. $10k a year raise along with it. If that comes through I may just have to get another 10 to go with my 6. Wish me luck. :mrgreen:

·
PostWhore
13,495 Posts
yeah, i was wonderin whats been up with you man, started to call you earlier today as a matter of fact to see what you had planned for this weekend....Hope you get that promotion....i knew the withdrawals were gonna hit you sooner or later:badteeth:

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Good Luck El D!

Hope things turn up!

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BadAzzGuitarPlyr said:
yeah, i was wonderin whats been up with you man, started to call you earlier today as a matter of fact to see what you had planned for this weekend....Hope you get that promotion....i knew the withdrawals were gonna hit you sooner or later:badteeth:
Been a shitty few weeks indeed. Been in a funk and just couldn't seem to pull out of it. Things seem a little better right now though.

As for the weekend, Me and Chikkin (Matt that went to Barber with us) are goin' to the "birthday party" of the dealership we bought our bikes from (open house, free food/drinks, entertainment and deals on stuff) and I think my lil sis is coming down to visit tomorrow evening. Nothing goin' on Sunday as of right now.

I'm going to need to bring my truck up to Akins to get a couple things checked out on it before long. If you're not workin' maybe we could hook up for lunch while I'm up your way. I'll hit you up when I figure out which day I'll be there.

And yeah, the withdrawals are getting stronger I think... Even though the 10 had more power than I ever would have used for my type of riding I still miss havin' it on tap sometimes. Not to the point that I "regret" the move, but I do miss it pretty bad.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dreadnought-arr said:
:heyyou: you need a "10" good luck! :badteeth:

I don't "need" a 10, but I'd sure love to have another one. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hillcountry10r said:
Good Luck El D!

Hope things turn up!

Thanks bro. It'll pass sooner or later. :mrgreen:

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
welcome back.

When you feel low, do you remember the day that you delivered a baby? Damn- that's something in itself.

Now- where has motorcylke ash been? hope she's okay, and literjunkie.
EDIT- just saw Literjunkie posted up.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Would that be a '06 you're thinking of getting or would you get a '05?

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ZX10Miami said:
welcome back.

When you feel low, do you remember the day that you delivered a baby? Damn- that's something in itself.

Hadn't thought about that in a while. That was pretty awesome. :wink: Not sure where Ash has been, but one thing is for sure. She hasn't been here with me. If she had, I'm sure I'd be in MUCH better spirits lately. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Andy said:
Would that be a '06 you're thinking of getting or would you get a '05?
Honestly, I would have to see the '06 in person before committing on that. :wink: I've been in such a funk lately that I haven't even cared about ridin'. Thought about sellin' the 636 and going bikeless until the '06 hits the showrooms. I know I'd take a hosing on the 636 sellin' it so soon, but... And it's hard to let it go. Since I got the suspension pretty much sorted it really is a sweet ride. I'm just missin' the 10 is all... :headshake

But to answer your question, I'd lean toward an '06 at the moment, but would have to see one in person and climb on it before I'd decide 100%. :wink:

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
NATOR said:
Whats causin' the funk 'd, job related or just life gettin' in the way man??

Both... Burned out at work and don't have much of a life due to workin' nightshift. I love workin' nights though. I guess I just got a little bogged down in it all. I'll dig out and be ok. :wink:

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alex31 said:
:welcome: back....& what happened? Something to do with Ash? :mrgreen:

Nothin' to do with Ash. She got brought up by someone else. I was just implying that she could probably make it all go away. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
danno22 said:
Welcome back El D,I go thru times like that too,there's always a bright side to look forward to,good luck man!
Thanks. I know it always gets better but it always sucks when you're down, huh? :wink:

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I know how you feel El D....I have been in a bit of a funk lately as well.....Too much BS going on at work....Worrying about the misses and the twins.....She is also working on here master's thesis right now too. I work 10-12 hours a day and go home to watch my daughter. Seems like all I do sometimes is work. If I'm not at work working, there are plenty of projects at home to do. Our local group is haveing a huge bonfire tonight. I am really looking forward to that. Just need some me time, I guess........Hang there, it will get better!!!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
El Diablo said:
Both... Burned out at work and don't have much of a life due to workin' nightshift. I love workin' nights though. I guess I just got a little bogged down in it all. I'll dig out and be ok. :wink:

hey, a fellow "graveyarder". Been on nights for 7 yrs, love it!

:eek:ccasion1

1 - 20 of 28 Posts