Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished throwing my 3rd gen back together after "totalling" it. I had to replace all the bodywork, the headlight, the exhaust, and the rear section of the subframe, but it's all worth it after taking the 40 degree ride around my neighborhood haha. There is still some stuff to iron out, but all is back together now and I hope to not have to go through it again! Sorry if this seems like a look at me thread, I'm just excited :helmet:

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
got any picks?

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
^^ +1 throw up some pics

·
Team Green Baby!
2014 MV Agusta F3 675
1,519 Posts
Congrats! I'd be elated too because I know how that feels to an extent. Musta cost you a good grip I bet.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will take some iphone pics. She's still so dirty from her "resting place" after wrecking. Be back in 10 or less.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The back seat still has some dirt on it that is being stubborn coming off, and I have a black pit-eck wind screen, I just need to shave some off it and she'll be good. The only parts I really added are a new set of HID's, Vortex clip-ons, Pazzo levers, and Driven D3 grips.

Attachments

Reactions: MagicMavis

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats! I'd be elated too because I know how that feels to an extent. Musta cost you a good grip I bet.
I got lucky, insurance totalled it out and I bought it back for $750! I didn't keep a very studious list of what I spent on parts, but I'd assume less than 3 grand. All in all I got off pretty good, I pretty much traded my clean title for 4 grand in my pocket haha.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone. Once the battery charges overnight for the good camera I will try to shoot some better ones tomorrow.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
I got lucky, insurance totalled it out and I bought it back for $750! I didn't keep a very studious list of what I spent on parts, but I'd assume less than 3 grand. All in all I got off pretty good, I pretty much traded my clean title for 4 grand in my pocket haha.
hell yea, and if it rides straight and true youll get a long time out of it too.

Reactions: nickalltogether

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hell yea, and if it rides straight and true youll get a long time out of it too.
Were you trying to rhyme that? haha. And yeah it only has 6k miles on it and I hope to keep it until the wheels fall off or the motor blows up (hopefully they happen at the same time). I plan to invest in an alignment check and suspension setup sometime this summer, that should definitely verify she is still straight.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
Were you trying to rhyme that? haha. And yeah it only has 6k miles on it and I hope to keep it until the wheels fall off or the motor blows up (hopefully they happen at the same time). I plan to invest in an alignment check and suspension setup sometime this summer, that should definitely verify she is still straight.
:crackup::crackup: no way man, no rap for me!

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Reactions: abzx10r

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Cool shit man!! I wrecked out my 07cbr1000rr and bought it back for 1100 and threw about 2000 into it and used it as my track bike, left over money I threw down on a 08cbr1000 etc etc. Had that for a year or two then go my 09 10...Glad your shit worked out!!! Keep us posted

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Lokkin good how does it ride

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rode it to work today. Below freezing temps but she rode pretty damn good. I still need to give the bike one more once over and then she will have a clean bill of health.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts