Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So its that time of the year here Ma. , at the end of May the stickers expire and time to get an inspection. Last year I had no problem as the bike was all stock but since then I fabbed up a fender eliminator bought the flush mount front signals and got some mini short stalk blinkers for the rear,last but not least forfeited the plate lamp. Anyway this morning I set out to try and find some led's to light up my plate and figured that would be enough. Well I couldn't find what I wanted at the auto store so I decided to just put on the original ugly plastic fender. After I did that I went to the garage to get a sticker and sure enough despite being friendly the mechanic warned me if any of the lights weren't dot approved I would get rejected. Anyway long story but I got a sticker despite not taking off the clear lens flushmount front signals non dot approved. I know its a boring story but unless you work at a dealership or know somebody where I live the mechanics are sticklers to the law. Now I got go take the fender back off:crackup:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Back in the day: Indiana used to have yearly car inspections.
Granted most of the inspectors had their heads up their arse.
They checked mostly for functionality lights,emmissions and body condition.
They did away with it because the general public caught on who was getting their palms greased with redirected funding.
But when that happened,then the 2x4 bumpers came out,the duct tape headlights came out and the red plastic bag taillights prevailed.
When done properly it's useful,when the State and politics prevail hold on we're in for a Royal Screwing!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its funny because it used to be that the tailights had to be spaced a certain amount but now flushmounts are stock from the factory:dontknow:

Anyway I replaced the stock dunlop rear with a conti but still have the original front with what looks like maybe .020" depth of tread till its down to the wear bars. Lol I figured they would of failed my for that alone and despite getting the sticker I still may replace the tire anyway. Having second thoughts about taking the plastic fender back off though. I know it obstructs the lines of the bike but its really useful for straping my tail bag. I thought about hacking it too but I rather get a 2nd donor one for that, I have a thing for not molesting oem equipment/keeping original. Inspections are kinda useless though, theres alot of stuff I don't think he checked thoroughly.Like the brakes or the forks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts