Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone. Thought I would make a build thread for my bike. Wont have much of a write up lol, but at least some pics of my progress since I got it and what's to come.

So this was the day I got my 2011 ZX-10R back in September of 2012. It had 1,900km's and was owned by an older gentlemen who's back had enough of street bikes lol.

First time trying it out against a buddies 2010 R1. My bike was still restricted at this point.

Since I still owned a 750 for the turns, I decided I wanted to make the ZX-10r a little faster in a straight line. So over the 2012/2013 winter season I added a couple go-fast goodies :biggrin:

Made the switch to a hotbodies tail section. Pain in the ass, but I love the look.

Reactions: Nofoot

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Here is a couple pics once I finally got the extensions on.

A video of my first time testing out the new extensions. Spun a little at the start haha.

Out for a car and bike meet.

One of my favourite pics out having some fun with a couple buddies.

And the video from that fun run.

After getting my race license I came to the conclusion that circuit racing is just too crazy for me, and I didn't want to destroy my 750 and have it be worth nothing. I ended up doing a trade plus for my 750 with a friend of mine. Got a set of BST wheels for the 10r in the deal.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Now moving on to the 2013/2014 winter season. I liked riding the bike with the extensions, so it was time to upgrade to a proper swingarm. I ended up purchasing a Mcintosh Alumi-Street, as well as some other goodies.

Got the swingarm on finally the other day.

DRAG MODE!!

My best so far for my second track day of the year. Think I might be able to squeeze out a 9.2 at the end of the year.

This beaut was also there. Love this bike!

Vids from the track day.

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Looks like its going to be fast!!
Nicely done so far.

BTW that was my favorite generations of gsxr 600/750.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^Thanks man. Would love to get deep in the 9's this year. Just needs a rider mod haha.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^I know you could :wink: Look forward to seeing your bike in action.

Love seeing builds!!! Keep us updated :)
I will try my best. Not much left to do before I am done for this year.

Next step is to do a Robinson first gear mod, and ceramic wheel and transmission bearings.

·
Registered
735 Posts
looks good man I have wheel envy lol :notworthy:

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^Lol, thanks man.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
Boosted, I see that we're in the same province. Any test-and-tune dragstrip evenings in the plans and which track?

I'm pretty sure you'll whip my butt with that setup, but it would be fun to see!

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^Hey man. I live just outside of Toronto.

I usually go to Cayuga about 3-4 times a year, and Grand Bend and St Thomas once each. Have you ever heard of Red Dawn track days? My friends race circuit at Cayuga one Thursday every month. The event organizer also rents the 1/4 mile, so for 40-50 bucks you could get as many passes as you want since there is literally no one doing the drag strip. It's amazing. I could put in a 100 passes if I wanted too.

If not that I usually try to do a weekend test and tune since I am all about getting in as many passes as possible, and I compete in 2 events a year just for shits. I get my ass handed to me lol, but it's awesome meeting some great guys.

Are you on GTAMotorcycle? If so what is your username?

My setup might be faster, but as I said before I am just a novice a rider. All those extra parts are there to assist my lack of skill haha. Hoping for a low 9 this year :helmet:

Very nice looking bike! how is the bazzaz quick shift? i'm contemplating adding it.
Hi Rick. The bazzaz works great, and is very smooth. I have been on bikes with the annitori and PC, and the Bazzaz operated smoother than both.

My only gripe is that I didn't go GP shift lol.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
I am Brian P on GTAmotorcycle. Heard of Red Dawn track days but I don't think that's my cup of tea ... I am also SOAR expert #64 and VRRA #164, roadracing for 20+ years but I've been to the drag strip about 3 times total ever and none last year (I broke the transmission in my roadrace bike in June and that ate up all my time). Post up when you are going out, once all this snow goes away!

Did you have any issues with TMP wanting you to get a NHRA license? Below 10 seconds or faster than 135 mph? I'm not near 10 seconds but the 135 mph is borderline ...

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
^SOAR expert, nice! I got my SOAR novice license #69 lol. Watched some wild wrecks last year, enough to probably keep me out of circuit racing. Might do an endurance race this year with a buddy though through Racer 5.

No issues at a Test and Tune or event. I have made several 9 second passes at over 150mph. So long as you have control of your bike, I don't think they care. If you look sketchy, they will kick you off.

I will gladly let you know when we go again next if you're interested. The Red Dawn days are awesome for the fact you can do the road course and 1/4 mile. So if you want to do some laps have at er. When the other groups go out you can take a break and head over to the 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Micro Blue Ceramic wheel and transmission bearings are in

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Micro Blue is good stuff.

How is the price compared to ceramic bearings?

1 - 20 of 96 Posts