Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[Begin squidliness] Aside from all the bla bla this was out on a desolate road in Arizona. I ran him twice just for shits n grins. I wanted to see how my 1st gen 10r would hold up against a 14. The 14 was stock and the rider had at least 70#'s on me. Neither one of us had drag raced before. 1st run straight off the line I pulled him and kept pulling, he said he couldn't get out of 3rd. 2nd run coming back he got the jump on the start and I came by him and kept pulling til the top of 5th and then rolled off. I normally prefer hitting twisties but it was fun. [/End]

·
Registered
13 Posts
There are 3 ZX14s in a group I ride with. ZX14s are like freight trains. Once they are rolling they can build speed very quickly. I have done a few roll ons starting at 70 MPH. I pull them for a bit, but once north of 100 MPH they will hold even and gradually pull you the faster the pace gets. Of course at the end of every straight there is a corner:)

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
There are 3 ZX14s in a group I ride with. ZX14s are like freight trains. Once they are rolling they can build speed very quickly. I have done a few roll ons starting at 70 MPH. I pull them for a bit, but once north of 100 MPH they will hold even and gradually pull you the faster the pace gets. Of course at the end of every straight there is a corner:)
at the drag strip I can HOLD a ZX14 up to 150mph....never raced one past that but I suspect it will start to check out. :wink:

bloo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts