Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went out last night and I guy I knew was out on his 12R. He said he's heard about the 1st gen 10r's but has never raced one so we agreed to run. We hit the highway and another GXSR 1000 joined in so we all lined up for a 50 roll. I got a little too happy with the throttle and it came up a bit so I had to ease it down and get back into it. He gained about a bike length at that point so I knew I had to gain some ground. I just tucked and ran through all the gears and was able to pull a couple bikes on him. The GSXR missed a gear or something and was way back. We lined up again and I was able to keep the wheel down and pulled 3-4 bikes he said.

We stopped and BS'd for a little bit. He just bought the bike and it had a full exhaust, lowered, shinko rear tire. He said the previous owner had a some reciepts for cams and headwork but he hasn't verified it yet. He wants to get it tuned and see what kind of power he's making and run again.

My bike has Akra Full, BMC filter, PC3, quickshifter and -1 front sprocket.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Nice job showing them what the 10 is about.
:eek:ccasion1

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Get em! Ole outdated bike

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
The 12R will not take the 10R. :headshake
I've run one before and killed him.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Doubt it no video never happened hahahahahha liar :thefinger
Sorry, I'll try to get someone to record it in 240p next time. :rolleyes:

Videos are only needed to verify a race if the OP is a bullshitter and liar. Unlike you, I don't have that problem.

No need to hate on the 12R though, it did a good job on shutting Busa owners up until they passed the torch to 10R riders. They're old and dated but still a nice bike with plenty of power.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Not all 12Rs are old dated and heavy... Mine in particular will weigh in at 420 wet when I finish up with it.. Of course it's not the average 12R either. The average and in fact most 12Rs will NOT beat a 10R if the 10R has been kept in good condition ... Bike for bike and equal riders the 10 will win every time. The main reason I bought a 10R in the first place. However I always wondered how the 12 would run if it was as light as the 10R so I decided to find out and started this project that I'm finishing up on soon.. Both bikes make about the same power with equal mods but the light weight of the 10 wins every time in a race between the two. The 12 does have more torque so getting her light weight as the the 10 should produce a faster bike.. On paper anyway... I've owned both and the 12 is still the best looking bike Kawasaki ever made in my opinion. Soon we'll all know what taking all that weight off produced.

Also keep in mind that greater than 80% of the bikes out there aren't kept in top condition or top tune. Most are actually so bad that they are actually dangerous to ride .. I turned a 10R away from my shop just yesterday wanting some work done because it was in such bad condition. It wouldn't run and from the condition of the rest of it I was doing the owner a favor by not repairing it! Either way the only way O would attach my name to working on it was a complete tear down and total inspection and re assembly! He didn't see things my way so I helped him back onto his trailer.. My wife was in shock at the condition of that bike and even more in shock when I told her that 80% of the sportbikes rolling are that bad or worse because most punks have no clue how to maintain their equipment! Making it very easy to beat them in a race. Seldom if ever have I ran across other bikes that are as well maintained as I keep mine and her's. Kinda sad really to see nice equipment so neglected for no reason other than someone being too lazy to keep their shit clean and adjusted properly.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Damn gunner! Where the hell are you from? I can't believe you come across such poor bikes so often. Maybe i just don't associate with such slackers, or dumb asses, but that is a little depressing to hear. Lol.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Hahahahahahaha def not a liar ask members hahahah go fuck urself asshole. :thefinger
Damn why you hatin so much? Go take your meds, and get the dick outta yur ass.

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Doubt it no video never happened hahahahahha liar :thefinger
Damn gunner! Where the hell are you from? I can't believe you come across such poor bikes so often. Maybe i just don't associate with such slackers, or dumb asses, but that is a little depressing to hear. Lol.
Hahahahahahaha def not a liar ask members hahahah go fuck urself asshole. :thefinger
Damn why you hatin so much? Go take your meds, and get the dick outta yur ass.

Guy's, Come on now.
This ain't a Gixxer site.
We are all bro's here, try to treat others as you would like to be treated huh.

CHILL & stop internet thuggin. :lol:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Guy's, Come on now.
This ain't a Gixxer site.
We are all bro's here, try to treat others as you would like to be treated huh.

CHILL & stop internet thuggin. :lol:
:+1: Thank you Hellsrazor....I sent PMs to both involved to cease and use the Ignore option early today. Please help me help you guys out first because really this stuff is not necessary :headshake :badteeth:

bloo

·
Registered
16 Posts
So I went out last night and I guy I knew was out on his 12R. He said he's heard about the 1st gen 10r's but has never raced one so we agreed to run. We hit the highway and another GXSR 1000 joined in so we all lined up for a 50 roll. I got a little too happy with the throttle and it came up a bit so I had to ease it down and get back into it. He gained about a bike length at that point so I knew I had to gain some ground. I just tucked and ran through all the gears and was able to pull a couple bikes on him. The GSXR missed a gear or something and was way back. We lined up again and I was able to keep the wheel down and pulled 3-4 bikes he said.

We stopped and BS'd for a little bit. He just bought the bike and it had a full exhaust, lowered, shinko rear tire. He said the previous owner had a some reciepts for cams and headwork but he hasn't verified it yet. He wants to get it tuned and see what kind of power he's making and run again.

My bike has Akra Full, BMC filter, PC3, quickshifter and -1 front sprocket.
What speed did you get too?

As he just bought the bike he hasn't worked out how to get the best out of it, no surprise. The 12R should have done this easily with equal riders. :wink:

·
Registered
729 Posts
Nothing hurtful meant in my message to gunner. I just can't believe this other guy came into this thread with so much hate.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What speed did you get too?

As he just bought the bike he hasn't worked out how to get the best out of it, no surprise. The 12R should have done this easily with equal riders. :wink:
We got up to about 180. He had another 12R for awhile so he should be pretty well adjusted to them by now. Either way, on the first race he got out in front of me and I was still able to reel him in and put a couple bikes on him. We're probably similar weight as well so no real advantage there either.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Def not butthurt he's upset cause he's a rope sucker and likes to talk shit and be a troll. Either way u still suck. Hahahaha. Jus cause my bikes. Nicer more mods etc. no need to be jealous ahahhaha. That's it is:thefinger

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Def not butthurt he's upset cause he's a rope sucker and likes to talk shit and be a troll. Either way u still suck. Hahahaha. Jus cause my bikes. Nicer more mods etc. no need to be jealous ahahhaha. That's it is:thefinger
You talk like you have the mental capacity of a 7 year old. Now stay out of my thread before you get us banned.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts