Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys im having an issue wit my 05 zx10 at high speeds on the freeway my bike feels like its leaning to the left but at low speeds its fine so i put some new tires on the bike thinking it was the tires but it WASNT its still doing it do you guys have any idea why its doing that it hasnt done this before is there something wit the suspension i need to have adjusted i dont do any tricks or track racing mainly commute to work and ride on the weekends every once in a while :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Love handles on the left side of your body?

Only thing I can think of is after years of riding your left for is higher than your right, or your left fork seal is leaking so it's giving more than the right, or the left fork spring is getting weak.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i just hit 13k miles would the forks or fork seals be starting to go out already ?? also if the fork seal was leaking i would see the oil all over the place right ?? i dont see any oil anywhere on the front of the bike from around the fork area

·
Registered
598 Posts
Has the bike ever been wrecked?

I would check the torque on every bolt that holds your shocks to the bike. You should also make sure they are aligned (flush at the top of the triple if you have no other way of measuring) and not leaking.

If the adjustments in the individual shocks are off from one another and the shocks are tight it should not have an adverse impact on the bikes suspension turning one way vs. turning the other. The shocks work together as one unit and some manufacturers even use compression damping in one leg and rebound in the other.

I would also make sure your steering head it torqued properly. Let us know if you are able to find/fix the culprit.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no the bike has never been wrecked i bought it brand new i will take it to a shop and have them check it out and report back to you guys thanks again

·
Registered
781 Posts
Make sure your not just compensating for road crown, or maybe rear wheel alignment. Take measurements from fix points of reference like the pegs or swingarm bolt to the chain adjusters. A little bit off can be intensified by speed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts