Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got Akrapovic slip-on and mid link pipe, and mileage is about 20000 km.
In dyno testing, no matter the O2 is installed or removed, no matter PC5 is set or not, the max HP just can't get over 140HP.
Eng is in good situation.
Is it possible that ECU restrict the ignition timing ? or KIMS panic?

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I got Akrapovic slip-on and mid link pipe, and mileage is about 20000 km.
In dyno testing, no matter the O2 is installed or removed, no matter PC5 is set or not, the max HP just can't get over 140HP.
Eng is in good situation.
Is it possible that ECU restrict the ignition timing ? or KIMS panic?
I believe the KIMS is not in effect at WOT. What are other bikes getting on that dyno?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I believe the KIMS is not in effect at WOT. What are other bikes getting on that dyno?
Yeah...that's what matters....I met a Rider on the street near my house a few months back.....we talked and said he hit 140 + on a Dyno(3rd Gen)...new bike too.....did I think I had more with my Dyno #s when I first bought my bike(156HP) on a different Dyno different year/Day etc.? :headshake :wink:

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I would check all simple stuff first. Plugs, air filter, chassis ground, etc,,,, Maybe the clutch is slipping a little and the engine is putting out the right power.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I would check all simple stuff first. Plugs, air filter, chassis ground, etc,,,, Maybe the clutch is slipping a little and the engine is putting out the right power.
In fact, before putting my 10R on dyno, K&N air filter is clean, plugs changed.
th reduction ratio is changed from 41/17 to 42/16 for sunday track purpose.
The interesting thing is , NGK CR9EIA-9 and CR9EIX seems no difference on dyno. It seems something sealed my 10's power....

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
how did your old plugs look? When I was running the BMC race filter my ride was running lean. My bike seems to run a little stronger with the stock air filter. Did you gut the cats out of the header pipe? If you are running the autotune + PCV with cats, you may be running way too rich.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I have also heard tire pressure effects the dyno but I don't know how true that is.
It does (on car dynos at least) but it isn't a huge difference.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how did your old plugs look? When I was running the BMC race filter my ride was running lean. My bike seems to run a little stronger with the stock air filter. Did you gut the cats out of the header pipe? If you are running the autotune + PCV with cats, you may be running way too rich.
the old plugs looks great.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I have also heard tire pressure effects the dyno but I don't know how true that is.
That is very TRUE!...Along with chain and sprockets:wink:

your from Taiwan....Are you sure your bike isn't restricted...Prime example France!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah...that's what matters....I met a Rider on the street near my house a few months back.....we talked and said he hit 140 + on a Dyno(3rd Gen)...new bike too.....did I think I had more with my Dyno #s when I first bought my bike(156HP) on a different Dyno different year/Day etc.? :headshake :wink:
although all 10 are US spec, but it may be a possibility that ECU type are different, I heard that from kawa local dealer people, and that's I doubt why my 10 so weak...

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
That is very TRUE!...Along with chain and sprockets:wink:
MAYBE operator as well.....did the wimp strap the bike down good as well. :wink: :idea: tires too....bloo

·
Registered
860 Posts
If another 08 zx10 put down 152 in stock form on the exact same dyno in similar weather conditions, I would tend to think there may be something a miss on your bike.

To everyone else, you wouldn't believe what we can do to skew #'s on a dyno. The biggest variable being what we tell the computer the weather conditions are, ie temperature, barometric pressure etc... Other variables can be chain tension, tire pressure, and strap tension. You can also gain a little by spreading the back brake pads off the rear rotor.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
If another 08 zx10 put down 152 in stock form on the exact same dyno in similar weather conditions, I would tend to think there may be something a miss on your bike.

To everyone else, you wouldn't believe what we can do to skew #'s on a dyno. The biggest variable being what we tell the computer the weather conditions are, ie temperature, barometric pressure etc... Other variables can be chain tension, tire pressure, and strap tension. You can also gain a little by spreading the back brake pads off the rear rotor.
:+2: My buddy runs a shop and tells me that same shit...His dyno makes people cry cause hes on point un-like 90% of the shops in south florida...I heard it all when someone said they put down 173 with a slip on and pc with a gsxr750:lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Bottom line is my Final Dyno is when racing knowing someone puts out 10HP or more than me but still passing them at near or over 150mph....that's MY DYNO. :wink: :wink::eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
860 Posts
:+2: My buddy runs a shop and tells me that same shit...His dyno makes people cry cause hes on point un-like 90% of the shops in south florida...I heard it all when someone said they put down 173 with a slip on and pc with a gsxr750:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Just imagine what can be done with before and after dyno runs to show you how well your money was spent. :eyecrazy: Thats why it's a good idea to look at the bottom of the dyno sheets, they normally have run conditions listed on them. Make sure they make reasonable sense.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I think the Asian models are restricted,at least in Thailand.
Look up forum member Tiltovic who had same problem as you, he has a 09 in Thailand.
His bike was restricted in the ecu.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think the Asian models are restricted,at least in Thailand.
Look up forum member Tiltovic who had same problem as you, he has a 09 in Thailand.
His bike was restricted in the ecu.
After checking ECU with KDS, ECU model is SE ASIA

1 - 20 of 24 Posts