Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've ran my 07 flat out like this several times with stock gearing and with -1+1. Never has my bike read this on the speedo so soon. This 08 10r by watching this seems far quicker than gen 2.

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
I've ran my 07 flat out like this several times with stock gearing and with -1+1. Never has my bike read this on the speedo so soon. This 08 10r by watching this seems far quicker than gen 2.

I have to agree 100% that the acceleration (by watching the tach needle) between shifts was pretty freakin awesome. It was like being in 1st and second gear when he was shifting from 4th to 5th and then to 6th. WOW!!!

JJ

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heck, it was at 189 in 5th gear and had more gear left. No way in gen 2.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I have to agree 100% that the acceleration (by watching the tach needle) between shifts was pretty freakin awesome. It was like being in 1st and second gear when he was shifting from 4th to 5th and then to 6th. WOW!!!

JJ
Hey jimmy,

When are you going to put on all your mods that are sitting on your shelf?:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Sorry for trying to hijacking your thread. I'll try to be more sensative.:ninnyslap:

·
Registered
973 Posts
R1 still faster?

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Please, let's not start doing this here. A couple guys on the corvette forum started doing this a few weeks ago and imo, it's retarded. They compare videos of other people's runs to theirs and try to figure out who would win. :rolleyes: There are just too many unknowns involved when comparing internet videos.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Please, let's not start doing this here. A couple guys on the corvette forum started doing this a few weeks ago and imo, it's retarded. They compare videos of other people's runs to theirs and try to figure out who would win. :rolleyes: There are just too many unknowns involved when comparing internet videos.
:+1:

Also, the tachs might look the same but I can tell you since I ran a REAL Analog tach(Custom) on my o4 and now a 06 Tach on my 04 10R those digitals don't move as quick and are inaccurate as you can see in the video.

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
:+1:

Also, the tachs might look the same but I can tell you since I ran a REAL Analog tach(Custom) on my o4 and now a 06 Tach on my 04 10R those digitals don't move as quick and are inaccurate as you can see in the video.
Which "digital tach" are you refering to Blue? I only saw an analog tach on the 08.

Phastone, my comments had nothing to do with comparing videos, but how fast the engine reved up (tached up) between gear shifts, especially betwen 4-5-6. Very impressive.

Now Blue if you meant to say digital speedo instead of tach, then I have no idea if they compare. That might have been the original posters thoughts, but mine were how fast the engine tached up between shifts in the taller gears and that was impressive, at least to me. No doubt the 08's accelleration up thru the gears is impressive.

JJ

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Which "digital tach" are you refering to Blue? I only saw an analog tach on the 08.

Phastone, my comments had nothing to do with comparing videos, but how fast the engine reved up (tached up) between gear shifts, especially betwen 4-5-6. Very impressive.

Now Blue if you meant to say digital speedo instead of tach, then I have no idea if they compare. That might have been the original posters thoughts, but mine were how fast the engine tached up between shifts in the taller gears and that was impressive, at least to me. No doubt the 08's accelleration up thru the gears is impressive.

JJ
No I was talking about TACH the speedo don't mean anything on todays bikes, the Tach does somewhat but like phastone says there are to many variables i.e the delay in the digital signal, gearing and the power band between the bikes themselfs plus all the internal differances. Yes the video is impressive and the new 08 will probably be the quickest 10R ever but the point is you can't tell on a video alone only suspect it will be.:wink:

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
If u guys wants to see a really fast Tach I can put mine up and falsely claim it on standard gearing. (Currently -1 +2 & no speedo healer) or (I slap on my -2 +3 and let the thread run rampant) LOL

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
If u guys wants to see a really fast Tach I can put mine up and falsely claim it on standard gearing. (Currently -1 +2 & no speedo healer) or (I slap on my -2 +3 and let the thread run rampant) LOL
or if you want to see REAL Analog tach at -1/+1 on an 2004 stock you can see it advances as fast as the vid in this thread and the Redline is 12.5k, on my 2006 Cluster it's 13k right at redline and in this video it goes above that. :heyyou::wink:

http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x34/zx-10r_album/?action=view&current=sacracewaydec172005.flv

·
Registered
973 Posts
R1 was faster...:sad:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts