Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some Dyno Results from Stock & then with my Akra Slipons & no Pwr Comander.
Then my Custom map with BMC Race Air filter & Pwr Comander added with 31 thousand miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
310 Posts
Nice numbers! If you dont mind me asking what was your experience with smithers customs and what did it cost? That is probably where I will go when I get a pc.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice numbers! If you dont mind me asking what was your experience with smithers customs and what did it cost? That is probably where I will go when I get a pc.
Thanks!!! Steve & Patti are great people I have been doing buisness with them for a long time.Does alot of the local racers here in Kansas City & Steve also Takes care Of Our Own Dan Jackson (Stunter)as well.http://www.teamxmx.com/ :thumbsup: He will hook ya up on the Dyno if you buy the pc from him also.

·
Registered
310 Posts
that sounds great. I might just order the pc from them now, install it, and plan a rode trip down to kc this summer. I need to gut my cat and possibly remove the secondaries before getting it mapped.

·
Registered
209 Posts
hiya

nice results.. how did you get a extra 8-9bhp from map ?, or do you now have decat ?

reason I ask is I have akra cans and bmc filter and I was also getting 159bhp, and im not sure there was anything that could be done with map to get more.

edit: just noticed your dyno runs were 2 years apart, that may go some way to explaining it with differences in atmospherics / dyno etc I guess as i dont think a power commander woud make that difference unless fueling really off at max power

cheers

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hiya

nice results.. how did you get a extra 8-9bhp from map ?, or do you now have decat ?

reason I ask is I have akra cans and bmc filter and I was also getting 159bhp, and im not sure there was anything that could be done with map to get more.

edit: just noticed your dyno runs were 2 years apart, that may go some way to explaining it with differences in atmospherics / dyno etc I guess as i dont think a power commander woud make that difference unless fueling really off at max power

cheers
No gutted cats.I wasn't present when getting my custom map done so I can't give ya any info but you can email him I know he will answer your questions they are open Monday's as well.www.smitherscustoms.com I just rode it earlier today for the first time as well went for about 30 min ride as it was getting dark & the temps are dropping, WoW really smooth power delivery.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Great numbers! I'm in Omaha, NE and I plan on taking the 10 to him as soon as I can! How much did the custom map set you back?

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great numbers! I'm in Omaha, NE and I plan on taking the 10 to him as soon as I can! How much did the custom map set you back?
They are pretty reasonable if you buy the Pc from them He has a set price. You will have to call them or send an email to them just tell them Patrick with the Blk 06 told you to email or call they know me very well.I was trying to get Them to be a sponsor on the board I took a bunch of cards to their shop ya never know mention the 10 board as well aa you getting the info off of my post maybe they will hook ya up on a deal it nevr hurts to ask.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Sweet results all around. Good stock numbers and sweet mapping results. Shwoo with a slip on too. I seen numbers like that with full systems, pc3 and filter.. They must do some awesome work there

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sweet results all around. Good stock numbers and sweet mapping results. Shwoo with a slip on too. I seen numbers like that with full systems, pc3 and filter.. They must do some awesome work there
Ya he def knows what he is doing that's for sure pretty nice Dyno as well with all the bells & whistles!!

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I wish with a Tuner like that, that I lived a lot closer

If you happen to get full system you have to let us know what kind of numbers he pulls out for you...

I just re-looked at the charts and what a sweet A.F ratio you have. He has that like right on.. Shwoo man that's seriously the best one I've seen so far.. There's prolly others, but as far as what I seen :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wish with a Tuner like that, that I lived a lot closer

If you happen to get full system you have to let us know what kind of numbers he pulls out for you...

I just re-looked at the charts and what a sweet A.F ratio you have. He has that like right on.. Shwoo man that's seriously the best one I've seen so far.. There's prolly others, but as far as what I seen :thumbsup:
Ya he did a standup job on the Tune!! Doubt Ill do the full system don't need it for what I do on the street & the track I have my GSXR600 now the 08 as well to ride & have fun with also it will stay stock other than some cosmetics.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts