Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:headshake
I ride my 10r on race track today,I suddenly found I can't reach 9000 RPM even in full open throttle.and after a while,I found the bike can reach 12000 RPM and get acceleration if I open throttle gently,BUT if i throttle burst to full open ,the RPM will nearly not up and bike don't accelerate almost!and at this moment ,if I just throttle back a little,the bike will accelerate again.

what's happen to my bike:no accelerate and low RPM with full open throttle?

I though maybe it's the problem of gi-pro,but after I uninstall the gi-pro,my bike still have this issue.because the FI light is not blink,so I have no idea now.

any input will be great appreciate!

·
Registered
314 Posts
i have the same problem, but it is at 10500 rpm. I checked the fuel pump and it was dirty so i cleaned it and still did the same thing. took it to the dealer and he said it was the mass air sensor. that is that sensor in the back of the air box. He said it was bad. I will find out tommorow.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
thank you ballsup!
I did the exactly same thing as you today,I have cleaned the dirty fuel pump,but the issue is not solved.
I wonder the air sensor would go bad even without the FI light blink?I just want to call kawasaki dealer to get the new fuel pump 5 minutes ago,please let me know your results, beacause the air sensor is much cheaper than fuel pump:)

thanks again!

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
There isnt a mass air sensor on the bike, there is a pressure sensor and an air temp sensor.

You would get an F1 light if they didnt work, if the airbox pressure sensor has come out of its hole you may get small changes in performance.

Check the sensor is still connected to the airbox and go from there.

If the fuel pump makes a squealing noise when it primes I would check the fuel pressure and go from there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What about the power commander?

Do you have a power comander? Try the stock map.

Has the outside temp changed where you are? Did you check the air filter?

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I ride with a guy on a gsxr750.....same problem. The cause: The bolt that holds the cables to the exhaust valve (at the exhaust, not the servo) had rattled loose so the one of cables fell out and the exhaust valve was not opening at all at high rpm's.

He reattached the cables and all was good. If you run a slip on I would check this but it doesn't even apply if you have a full system.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank you everyone!!!i have checked air fliter,the exhaust valve and the air sensor in the airbox,i did not find eny problem.

i think PAF is right ,because when engine is start,i have heard a continual strange sound around the fuel tank now,just like the high frequency buzz sound from a tinpot ac power transformertrans,and i never heard it before.

i will need a new fuel pump.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
thank you ballsup!
I did the exactly same thing as you today,I have cleaned the dirty fuel pump,but the issue is not solved.
I wonder the air sensor would go bad even without the FI light blink?I just want to call kawasaki dealer to get the new fuel pump 5 minutes ago,please let me know your results, beacause the air sensor is much cheaper than fuel pump:)

thanks again!
There was just a fuel pump on ebay that didn't sell.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks to everyone!your enthusiastic helps make me love this forum more and more.

to ballsup:i am sorry ,i have not claimed it clearly before,but i dont have pcIII in fact.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts