Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Leo High mount exhaust and it comes with this big gauddy bracket, until i have time to fab up one that connects to the underside of the tail section, im going to paint it black, anyone know where i can find a color match for the frame? is it just a matt black, heres some photos of what im talking about.

Stock Color

Black Bracket

Thanks
Ben

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
^That thing is huge! Colorite has what your looking for.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its totally obnoxious! i plan on fabbing up a bracket that will require me to cut a little slit into my tail section on the underside and ill have that connect to some sort of frame inside the tail it'll get rid of that bracket, for now ill paint it unless i get really motivated this weekend when i go home for thanksgiving.

have you guys seen anyone with alternative bracket ideas for high mount exhausts?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Frankly, I think you should attempt to flat-black the bracket before sawing into the seat cowl. I personally don't think the bracket is all that bad; just noticeable since it's unpainted.

Nice system though! Good price? Good sounds?

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
I love my Leo Vince can.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it sounds incredible! bought it used off a forum member so the price was very good actually!

im going to paint the bracket first regardless, i made a custom bracket on my old R6 that looked really clean ill fiddle around with it and make a decision once the bracket is painted and i can see what it looks like.

·
GEN II Driver
2,902 Posts
its totally obnoxious! I plan on fabbing up a bracket that will require me to cut a little slit into my tail section on the underside and ill have that connect to some sort of frame inside the tail it'll get rid of that bracket
:+1:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
that carbon leo with the painted bracket looks awesome!

whos got the link to the cut down pipe thread? im going to cut it down tomorrow, iv had to much nogg today to hit up the old cut of wheel.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,562 Posts
that carbon leo with the painted bracket looks awesome!

whos got the link to the cut down pipe thread? im going to cut it down tomorrow, iv had to much nogg today to hit up the old cut of wheel.
Good choice, I think it looks better chopped down a bit, but it's still not my thing, I'm not a fan of that look on our bikes. But, you do you and enjoy. Not hating, just throwin out my 2 pennies.

Is this the one you were talking about?

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52611&highlight=SHORTEN

·
Registered
757 Posts
I think the length is fine. When high mounts are flush with the end of the bike I think it looks good. What gets me is when the pipe is a couple inches past the tail or the diameter is too big.I think that Leo looks good but yeah something needs to be done about that bracket.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Krylon SEMI-Flat Black.

Makes sure it is the semi-flat black.

Expect the "cut the can down" crowd to pile on.
:+1: It is almost a perfect match, with the exception for the very faint flake effect of the stock frame/lower black.

And that can needs about 4" lopped of of it:crackup:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yes thats the exact link i was looking for, im bot 100 percent sure i love the high mount over where the stock mid pipe was positioned but its a nice change for now. ill post up some pictures with the new pipe and painted bracket when im done!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts