Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.. Im looking for solutions fuel pump and injector prevent clogging.. Anyone use mwr fuel pump filter? The socks one..

·
Registered
663 Posts
Did you just take off the stock filter and run this or do you run both the stock filter and the MWR sock as well?

·
Registered
663 Posts
both, the MWR is like a sock that goes around the fuel filter and pump.
Is the MWR easily washed out if it gets dirty? Seems easier to get to but if you can't wash it out it seems cheaper to try and find a pre filter that will work/fit

Did you replace the stock pre filter at all? I've read that 15420-05H00 from suzuki should fit but I'm afraid to order a $30 part and have it not fit.

Just trying to do some preventative maintenance before spring hits. Thanks for all the help like always!!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
...without a way to change the post-pump filter, you're mostly wasting your time changing socks or screens.... ask me how I know. The only real solution is regular maintenance of the post pump filter in addition to changing the sock/pre-filter. You either have to buy a whole new housing or switch to some sort of serviceable filter set-up.

The good news is: unless you're running nitrous, a turbo, or land speed racing it probably won't kill your motor when it goes bad, it'll just run like crap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts