Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

I know you will think this sacrilege but...
I have an 06 and love the bike but I know that next year I will want to replace it.I have been thinking a lot about which bike to buy as a replacement. I am now down to a choice of 2 bikes Ducati 1098 or MV Agusta 1000 F4 and I am strongly learning towards the MV

Nothing wrong with the 10R and I know these bikes cost a lot more but now having gotten the Litre Bike Bug I want to experience the acme of Litre Bikes and the MV is it....Is it not??:thumbsup:

·
Registered
370 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, what is your price range to spend on a new bike? in the 20K range, the RC8 is nice, and is the MV and the 1098. If your going higher, you cant beat a 1098R for performance.

·
Guilty by association
8,752 Posts
mv agusta is a great bike, id love to own one

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
A couple of weeks back I had a Yamaha 09 R1 and a 08 ZX10 in my garage both at the same time. I started looking at both thinking I could have had a MV Agusta for what I had in those 2 bikes.

I would have traded both for a MV Agusta right then and there. Every year I go to the bike show and it is the ONLY bike I really salivate over.

I hope you get it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hey Guys

I know you will think this sacrilege but...
I have an 06 and love the bike but I know that next year I will want to replace it.I have been thinking a lot about which bike to buy as a replacement. I am now down to a choice of 2 bikes Ducati 1098 or MV Agusta 1000 F4 and I am strongly learning towards the MV

Nothing wrong with the 10R and I know these bikes cost a lot more but now having gotten the Litre Bike Bug I want to experience the acme of Litre Bikes and the MV is it....Is it not??:thumbsup:
Yes it is.

Attachments

·
Registered
927 Posts
I had three Duc's and the only thing I can say is Look for a place to service it and get some prices on things it will need. I can not say that prices are out of line but from what I'm told............. Something to look into thats all. AZ has got to be the WORST PLACE on the planet to have service work done on a bike so it can't be that bad where you are.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Well i had a 1098 and loved it, but my reasoning for getting rid of it is i stopped riding street completely and only do track days. And there was no way i'm putting a $20,000 plus bike on the track!!! So, if you don't do track days and only ride street then... forget the MV and 1198! Find a Desmocedici !!! I saw one for $46,000 on Ebay several months ago!!! And you're gonna have over $30,000 in a new MV so just spend a little extra and have the GREATEST bike EVER made available to the public!!!

·
Registered
795 Posts
I bought a 09 Ducati 1198S back in March. I have owned many bikes in my time most recently a 08 ZX10R as well as 09 ZX6r.. If I had it to do all over again I would pass up the MV and buy the 1198S again. The bike is that good. There are bundles of aftermarket parts available as well as forums that have loads of tech info as well. The twin puts down the power in such a unique way it make it super fun to ride. The 1098 is every bit as fun as the 1198. Just my .02

·
Registered
649 Posts
I bought a 09 Ducati 1198S back in March. I have owned many bikes in my time most recently a 08 ZX10R as well as 09 ZX6r.. If I had it to do all over again I would pass up the MV and buy the 1198S again. The bike is that good. There are bundles of aftermarket parts available as well as forums that have loads of tech info as well. The twin puts down the power in such a unique way it make it super fun to ride. The 1098 is every bit as fun as the 1198. Just my .02
:iamwithst The only thing you need to decide is... Do you want to ride an inline 4 or a twin? They both put down the power, but in completely different ways IMO. I felt like my 1098 was way smoother on the power delivery, BUT i really missed that massive hit an inline 1k gives!

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Hell yeah an MV is sweet indeed, I was in your boat back in feb/mar of 2007, i was like MV agusta or the new 1098.
After sitting on both i could not stand the way the MV seat was and the reach to the grips..very long indeed (i am 6ft 1 as well), just didnt feel right.
The 1098 did and already owning a RC51 i knew i liked twins so no worry on that part.

Both are gorgeious Machines as stated which do you want to ride? a I4 or Twin

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,958 Posts
I would say my two cents is if you like the crisp power of a inline 4 go for it, cause jumping to a v-twin they are great tell about 150 or so, and if this is going to be a street bike I would just say go for the mv. Heck one of my friends has a 05 for sale right now if your interested, last I heard it had 8900 miles and he wanted around 10 flat for it. I live in south florida, if your interested pm and I could let him know!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
They did a test in one of the most well-reputed mags in EU. The latest MV F4 1078 came last. The latest R1, Gixxer K9, Honda CBR1000RR and ZX10R was sorted out as better bikes. Also, the MV had lesser power than the ZX10R. Handling was not as good as any of the Jap bikes. Why don't you look into the latest 2009 KTM RC8R and Aprilia RSV4. I think both of these are worthy contenders. I would pick the Aprilia but i love the might V-twin that has been further refined in the RC8R. The 1198S is surely a nice bike. But still, i think the Aprilia is a better bike for track. Further more. How can a Desmo be worth all the extra it cost, even though is a piece of art. I dare not even think of the service cost at one of those. Just look at all the possibilities with Aprilia or RC8R. The latest of them, have serious reworked both to chassis, suspension and engine. There are also 3 avaible ready race kits for RC8R. With a remapped ecu and the full akra alone, you get 180 crank hp's. Worth taking to consideration is also, do you want V-twin, or a V 4. The R1 is also very striking IMO. Better buying a cheaper bike that does it for you. In a few years you all dream of the latest anyway. The more we need to ask in second hand selling, the more difficult to sell.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.