Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
206 Posts
jt76ss said:
Anyone else running with one???
I had a Muzzy air shifter on my 2001 ZX-9R for three full season of drag racing. I loved it.

I sold my ZX-9R in late October 2005 and of this morning, I called up my dealership to order a Muzzy air shifter for my 2005 ZX-10R.

Why do I like it? Because EVERYTHING is included (especially the brackets)!!! Also, because it was very reliable (after I got it dialed in, it NEVER gave me trouble).

I would definitely recommend it! Do you plan on using it on the street or in a racing environment?



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ilove mine to

Here is a picture of mine you have to look really close it is under the shifter and the bottle mounts where the passenger peg use to be
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
206 Posts
jt76ss said:
Here is a picture of mine you have to look really close it is under the shifter and the bottle mounts where the passenger peg use to be
Did you mount the bottle there yourself or is that where Muzzy had it designed to mount? I assumed the bottle was going into the tail section of the bike like on my '01 ZX-9R.

Do you have a fill gauge?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it comes with the brackets to mount it there, then i ordered a cheap exhaust bracket for the other side off the internet so i could get rid of the other peg! NO gauges include in the kit!!! It is a high pressure bottle they say fill them with co2 but i am using compressed nitrogen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
206 Posts
jt76ss said:
Yes it comes with the brackets to mount it there, then i ordered a cheap exhaust bracket for the other side off the internet so i could get rid of the other peg! NO gauges include in the kit!!! It is a high pressure bottle they say fill them with co2 but i am using compressed nitrogen.
Can you send a larger photo please?

What brand/model exhaust bracket did you buy?

Where did you get your bottle filled?

I also used Nitrogen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the bracket was some knock off i got off ebay! www.schnitzracing.com has them to! I rent a bottle from local weldor supply and fill myself. it say you should get 300-400 shifter per fill i have never counted.try this picture the bracket mounts to motor and the other bracket mounts directly to the shifter linkage under the shifter!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
519 Posts
does anybody have pics of where people put there bottles cause im stuck i have the mps air-shifter
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
206 Posts
tank zx10r said:
does anybody have pics of where people put there bottles cause im stuck i have the mps air-shifter
I have photos of my Muzzy air shifter bottle in the tail section of my 2001 ZX-9R. If that will help you, post back and I'll post the photos.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top