Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been thinking about getting some work done and saw that there is a .35mm gasket vs the factory .45mm (which isn't available anymore). Would this cause any issues on a 1st gen?

If so, does anyone know where to get a .45mm headgasket?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:crackup: I still fail at searching... :dontknow:

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:crackup: Just ordered two... One spare just in case. Now, gotta look for some cams...

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
:crackup: Just ordered two... One spare just in case. Now, gotta look for some cams...
yeah thats the hard part, you can go with web or carpenter has a set but they get sorta pricy compared to what the kit cam costs. we were all spoiled with the kit cam being 84 bucks.

you could always try a 08 race cam!

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok scratch the cams... Don't really want to spend an additional 600+ because I still have suspension work to do... :sad:

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
yeah. the kit intake cam for the 08 is only 150 bucks, I really wanted to do some testing on it to see if I could give hope for the 04-07 guys if it gave good results. its got the race cam lift but its only got 296* duration instead of 300* which is stock. the 04-07's had 310* duration but I really wonder what the extra lift will do for the 04-07's

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmmm... So it has 4 degrees less duration but more lift? I assume this should still be degreed at 107?

I will do some searching on it and see what I find...

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
yeah probably right around there, the 08's race EXHAUST cam is actually a stock 04-07 exhaust cam. If I had a dyno I could spend time on I'd do a down and dirty cam swap back to back on my bike to check it out. I really wanna get a set of cams for the beast again. I might be doing a thin gasket and a small port epoxy head on her sometime soon ;-)

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I find the part number and go to Kaw's website doing a search... No dice. Then I do a google for the part number and find all kinds of GARBAGE!:bs:

So I see a reference to Ron Ayers and I just went there and they have the 08 race cam. About to order but will I need new buckets to go along with the cam? I saw that on the Web Cams site...

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
no these should be drop right in and go. they have the same dimensions as the 04-07's so you will be good. Only thing you might need to do is re-shim the head if needed but would be a drop in and go kinda deal.

yeah search on this site I did a buncha research on the cams and posted some findings.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts