Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I have been looking for a Shorty Muzzy can for my zx-10r (05) --But I haven't found one that I like. I currently have a Muzzy oval.

One of my friends told me I could cut my can and repack it to make a shorty pipe. I would love to try this mod. but I am worried about loosing preformance and sounding like S#$T ---I want the shorty look but not the D&D sound. (NOT knocking D&D!!) just not the sound that I would like. Has anyone tried this or think that It is a bad idea please...any advice would be appreciated. :eek:ccasion1

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,134 Posts
I never did a Muzzy, not for the 10R anyway..All the slip on that goes on my 10 is a shorty..I LOVE the loud hummm @ above 7K or higher. I have these pipe under my belt: 2 Yoshi. TRS, 1 Yoshi. RS, 1 Two Brother, 2 Akra.

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
How bad was the akra? Ti or carbon and where can you get a new akra sticker?

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Cuttin pipes down is a breeze if you have axcess to the proper tools. The 2 TRS pipes I cut down sounded throaty, not obnoxiously loud. You can adjust the sound level by the amount of packing you put in. Just make sure you cut the same amount from the baffle and sleeve. I don't think it's a bad idea, just make sure of the length you want. IM me if you need step by step instructions.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm getting a full muzzy megaphone on the 16th (watching the tracking).
If you had the 06/07 I'd say get the M10. However as you only have a slip on, trim it down like SuperK says. Measure Twice, cut once. And do it off the bike...
Scorpian and Arata make some shorties if you screw it up :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks SUPER K ---I just might need those instructions

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the info...Cross your fingers---it's operation time!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OH by the way --what is the best tool to use to cut the can and the baffle? I have a jig saw and I also have a grinder with a metal cutting disk--

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just used a sawsall with "the torch" blades... worked fine

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
Nice. Thanks

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
How does it sound?

·
Registered
73 Posts
A bit louder than before the cut which i wanted, but not too rediculous that i woudnt be able to take it for a long ride. I love it...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's sweet---that is the look I want for my MUZZY pipe---and just a little louder...not too crazy---

·
Registered
73 Posts
And once you have it open you can decide how much packing to leave in depending on how loud you want it... I just left the rest in though.

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
Thinkin about cutting my ti can. Do you know if replacement akra stickers are available?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have no idea, i'm just leaving it blank... i took my sticker off a while ago cuz it was peeling up

1 - 20 of 32 Posts