Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I use to have a Muzzy on my ole 7R was nice then, not a big fan now of those big long cans LOL if I were you and wanted some good kit . get the ARATA or a Leo Vince, If I had the money and got a full system Id get either one.. in Titanium of course...

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
shoulda got n old school bike for the old school parts. hehe

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I just ordered a full muzzy exhaust, should be here in the nexted 10 days, I'll post pictures and dyno numbers as soon as I get the bitch!!!!

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
shoulda got n old school bike for the old school parts. hehe

guess I have an Old School bike with old parts but I don't care because I love it when I beat New School bikes with New school parts.....Priceless :lol::wink::cool::thumbsup:

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I ordered the gp styled, found one on ebay brand new for $630.00+shipping which is about a hole $80 dollars cheaper then ordering direct from muzzy!!! I cant even wait cause I had a level one my bike intell the wife dropped/ something fell over on the mid-pipe and messed it all up. It put a small hole in it, I was so pissed cause I had to put my pre-muffler box and exhaust tip back on cause I already sold my m4 which was my first exhaust!!!

Bluedevil what kind of bike do you have!!!? Cause I have raced just about every 00-05 bikes out there and nothing stays on my a$$ after 3rd gear and my bikes basically stock!!! Maybe I can just ride like a son of a bitch but I havent yet seen any zx9 or anything come close to staying with me not even on my 08cbr1000rr even though I want to say a 92 gs750 something stripped down and bored raced me out at the strip and I just barely beat him and we were in the mid/high 9's

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
I ordered the gp styled, found one on ebay brand new for $630.00+shipping which is about a hole $80 dollars cheaper then ordering direct from muzzy!!! I cant even wait cause I had a level one my bike intell the wife dropped/ something fell over on the mid-pipe and messed it all up. It put a small hole in it, I was so pissed cause I had to put my pre-muffler box and exhaust tip back on cause I already sold my m4 which was my first exhaust!!!

Bluedevil what kind of bike do you have!!!? Cause I have raced just about every 00-05 bikes out there and nothing stays on my a$$ after 3rd gear and my bikes basically stock!!! Maybe I can just ride like a son of a bitch but I havent yet seen any zx9 or anything come close to staying with me not even on my 08cbr1000rr even though I want to say a 92 gs750 something stripped down and bored raced me out at the strip and I just barely beat him and we were in the mid/high 9's
I run a Pure stock bike 04 BLOO ZX10R and if you want to count my MuZZY slip-0n and according to some that is an OLD school part but I weigh 215lbs in gear and can still get to 145mph in the 1/4 mile with that OLD part :wink::lol:

As for me I never lost a race on the street at sea level but that don't mean anything that old bike ain't worried about anyone else's mods or pipes as well it's just stubborned I guess with an ATTITUDE :lol:. :wink::mrgreen:

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm also looking for info on this slip-on because I like better not only the look, but the sound (and quieter volume) of the longer pipes. I don't care for the look of CF, but I'd deal with it for now.

I doubt anyone has this one (still), but figured I'd bump this to the top just in case.
I can't even tell if that slip-on replaces the boom box or not. It's so close that it looks like it might, but the Muzzys website doesn't give much info about it. If it does, consider it sold for sure!

·
Registered
137 Posts
An update...

I found out some info from Muzzys directly (through Mary at Superbike Supply and also talking to them myself), since I can't find anyone with this slip-on!
The pic shown on their website (attached) looks to be the full system instead of the slip-on so the pics don't tell if the slip-on is the same.

Here's what I've got so far:
-It does eliminate the boom box
-It does keep the cover using a bracket assembly that clamps onto the mid-pipe
-Muzzys doesn't do before/after dyno charts. They use a sprocket-attached eddy current dyno to develop their exhausts so that no part of the power-curve is lower than stock, only the same or higher (vague, general info that is)
-You can get this slip-on with a Ti can or CF can (lightest), I'm confused about either the SS or round aluminum
-I now have the installation instructions in .pdf if anyone wants a copy. It has a pic of the boom box cover bracket assembly

I personally don't care about an increase in horsepower (there's enough already you psychos! :lol: ), but I'm sure there is an increase similar to any other slip-on that also eliminates the boom box. What I really want is more volume (only moderately, everything else is either LOUD or ugly! :badteeth: ), lighter weight, and better looks (in that order).

I don't know how it sounds for sure because I know of no one with it, but I'd be guessing that it sounds similar enough to this first gen with the same canister (minus the engine whine):

Volume should be very reasonable as it's a decently long can.

I'm waiting to hear (should by Tuesday) if the location of the canister is as pictured on the website with the full system, and if not, then where it is exactly. My guess is that it's the same. In that case I'm buying it, and I'll let everyone know more later!

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts