Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
6,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about installing the Muzzy (Hyperpro) damper. The assembly notes are not that clear to me. Just for the record, I'm not mechanically inclined at all, but this seams like it should be easy enough if I just get a few things clear.

Below I've laid out the parts like the instructions say, I think. I just want to make sure before I start using locktight on everything . My main questions are:
  1. are the studs correct? long threads down, short threads up? (I assume so) I think Hyperpro uses allen bolts instead of nuts and bolts.
  2. does the short button head bolt go to the clamp and the long one go to the damper rod or vise versa?
  3. are the O-rings/washers in the correct places???
TIA

Attachments

·
Registered
287 Posts
I just installed mine. I put the o-rings under the washers,just seemed what the instructions implied was right.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
A ZX-10, Zx-9, YFSR200, YSRR125, and a YSR50 and you're Still Maintainance impaired??!!???!???!

:)

·
Administrator
6,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can pull the motors and change pistons and rings on the 3 smaller bikes, no problem. The instructions on this damper just kind of suck. The picture that they include is a smaller one of what's on their site.

and I quote:
"There are two O-rings supplied. They are to be positioned under the heads of the two button-head allen bolts that secure the rod ends to the mount brackets. They will spread over the ball ends as the bolts are tightened. Their function is to prevent "flopping" of the damper assembly and maintain ball end alignment."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts