Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I have a chance to get a full Muzzy exhaust complete with CF can. Should I get it? Also what kind of power would I be looking at and how much weight will I shed? I so far have a BMC Race Filter (has far has performance mods go). Thanks

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Hard to give you exact dyno numbers as silversv1k said cause all dynos are different. He is about right for most dynos though. However don't be worried if you don't get that number. Stock bikes have ranged from 140's to low 160's (all because of dyno differences). You should get about a 10-12 hp gain over stock though which is a noticible difference on the street. You do need a power commander though also with a good map!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I made 163rwhp with a Muzzy s/o. I just made the switch to a full Muzzy system because I bought it off of ebay for 450.00 shipped and without it being tuned I picked up almost 2 tenths in the 1/8 mile. Hope to have it tuned soon. Stock header w/ valve weights the same as the Muzzy SS header, so the weight loss will be greater if you are still running the stock muffler. Also I agree that you will need a PCIII with a custom tune to make the bike run the best it can. Should pick up 7-10rwhp over stock w/ PCIII & exhaust.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the reply EVERYONE.

Joker did you get yours from Pacific Powersports by any chance b/c that's where I might get the full system (titanium header and CF can)?

Also do you have a sound clip of the Muzzy installed on your bike? I'm trying to get a feel for what it sounds like.

Thanks and thanks again everyone. I will get a PC3 then has well, but it might have to wait till over winter which doesn't matter b/c there's not to much time left to ride here in PA since it's getting cold. Would running the new header and can along with filter be bad for the bike? I'd most likely only be taking it out a few more days until I store it.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
The race filter is fine to run with a full system. The PCIII will take care of any issues of fuel enrichment once mapped. But they will be fine together without the PC for a bit. The PC just makes everything work more smoothly together and to get the greatest benefit out of what you have done.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok cool. Thanks for clearing that up.

Still trying to find if some one has a sound clip with a full Muzzy on there 10 just to see if I like it. I come from the D&D club (had it on my yami 600), haha and now everything seems so quite....

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I've had a muzzy before and my dad has a muzzy on his 12. They are good sounding pipes. They are a very quality sound if you ask me. I definitely don't like a D&D, lack quality if you ask me for sound. Muzzy is a smooth idle sound and gets a real good tone at higher rpms.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Muzzy are pretty loud. I think the 7-10hp gain with good map is accurate. An airfilter does not truely net any increase from what back to back tests by multiple sources have shown.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Muzzy are pretty loud. I think the 7-10hp gain with good map is accurate. An airfilter does not truely net any increase from what back to back tests by multiple sources have shown.
Thanks for the reply. I bought a BMC Race b/c it suposedly is dyno proven 3-4 HP. But then eh maybe I fell for a gimick.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Yeah they say a filter can get you 3-4hp but its a joke. It may make 1 or so on a dyno but that's about it. It's more likely that it makes 3-4 if you consider actually riding since more air is able to get into the airbox. However I think the stock airfilter probably lets enough air in during a static test to be nearly the same as an aftermarket filter. In other words, the engine is getting enough air even with the stock filter. But as in a lot of mods, little hp will add up eventually. It just doesn't seem like it at first.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
damn haha. I guess it was still worth the $75. On there site the show there dyno chart making the 3-4 hp off just the filter, but apparently they inflated it a few hp :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts