Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey peoples, i just got a muzzy ultra-light titanium full system for my 05 zx10..and it came with no instructions on spring placement or anything. also it didnt come with any springs, so if someone could be so kind as to let me know how many springs i will have to order from muzzys and where all the pipes go. thanks a stack!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i do, but the image deal says its too big of a file :( now what do i do

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
well i have to post it in the [SIZE="6"Gallery[/SIZE] so go there to view it thanks people!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
You can get the springs from Muzzy. they will tell you how many you will need. I would recommend getting the spring puller tool also because it makes life a whole lot easier. As far as mounting instructions call Muzzy and ask if they can email or fax you them. There phone number is 541-385-0706.

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Its pretty straight forward with the Muzzy , the header shapes are the same as the stock exhaust , so use that as a guide , the 3 collectors are pretty straight forward after that too, obviously the one with the bend in it is the last one, the other two should match up via the spring retainers.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hahaha yeah youre right, im not much for instructions myself...just jump in there and figure it out! but i still do need the springs for the whole thing...and it appears i need 9 or 10. those things are 6.60 a piece form muzzys!!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Ya, Muzzy is getting a tad bit expensive for there stuff anymore.
Good luck with the install.
My cousin has the same pipe. It really sounds nice. Can't remember for sure what he mapped on the dyno.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
you can always get dirt bike springs...i am using 4 of them on my Ti-Force exhaust being it somehow only came with 3 of them.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i already put in my order for them...i need to contact them about their shipping rates as well..they charged like 16 dollars for shipping for 10 springs and the hook, which doesnt weigh 11lbs..im pullin the BS card

i got a deal on the system itself, but not on the springs :rolleyes:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it seems i have to take the radiator loose or atleast move it out of the way, now im rather new to this bike...is there any bolts at the top??? i only see the one that has the mount by the header and thats all

thanks guys

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes i know this, i still need to know about the radiator...any more bolts at the top holdin it in

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well i got the system installed. i still dont like the idea of everything being held together by springs...and my muffler doesnt sit tight on the pipe(not enough spring tension for some reason) well anyways...the #3 header pipe crosses right in front of where the bottom radiator mounted at...now i cant get that little bracket back in..am i just supposed to leave it off?? :( i dont like the idea of having the bottom of that radiator just a swingin in the wind if you get my drift

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Can you make a bracket yourself. Or maybe have a fab shop make you one that will support the bottom of the rad.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah...thats what i figured i would have to do. i thought about usin the old one and bending it...but even it is made of aluminum..talk about Kawa goin the extra mile on that one. ill just make one at work....oh anyone use header wrap?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Ya, there was a short thread on header wrap on here recently.
Didn't sound like anyone was really using it. Most folks that responded I don't think really understood how it works or believe it had any values.

I only see it on a few bikes at the track.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts