Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my new Muzzy exhaust system (not slip on). I have not replaced a pipe since '96. Any tips i would greatly appreciate it!

Any idea how long it will probably take me?

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
shouldnt take more than a couple hours (IMO).. not that many bolts, and with it being an 08 the bolts should back out fairly easy.....

note: if you have a friend helping and you guys are having a few cold ones while doing the install, the couple hour project may take a day or two... lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It took me about 3 hours since i had to figure out how to get the fairing off since i have never removed them until now. I also never attempted it in the light and worked on the back deck in the dark with just a trouble lamp.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Here are my new bike mods with muzzy pipe. I reallly like how sound and how loud this pipe actually can get.

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
looks great!!!! i ran Muzzy on my ZX9's... love there sound....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, I really like it also. I think i will have to go purchase some ear plugs since this is nwo louder then any Muzzy pipe that i have ever owned.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thanks gentlemen, Any type of ear plug that you recommend? I didn't notice the power increase yet since i have not been riding it very much today. I did however notice the weigth difference. I held both old and new pipes in opposite hands and there was atleast 35 lbs difference! I do have a bracket for the cover but i was having a hard time getting it back on so i lefft it off. I think it looks good without it also. I may in the future put it on, but we shall see.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The pipe is loud enough that i have scared a few buddies. They have also commented that they can hardily hear their bikes running when we are on the road. I also have to admit that i have scared a few cattle and horses away from the road. Pipe is awesome! Nothing but compliments to Muzzy!

·
can we ride yet!?!?!?
3,522 Posts
dude i got the ti oval on my '05. and had a round full exhaust on my old zx9r. i have always loved the way the Muzzys sounded. but i will say that my slip-on on my 10r doesn't sound near like my 9r did.

could be the difference from a full to a slip-on:dontknow:

yours looks good bro:thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts