Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the hell does the Muzzy Air Shifter Bracket mount up? Not the part that goes on the shift rod, the longer peice that has the 3 holes. Can't figure it out to save my life and can't find pictures of it mounted anywhere! This is drivin' me nuts!

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, got any pictures? I can't seem to find any 2 bolts that line up with the holes on the bracket. There are two on the engine cover but can't put it there because the hose coming out of water pump is in the way and they still don't line up perfectly... but are the closest 2 I've seen. I swear I've been on my damn back staring at that side of the bike for over an hour... driving me nuts!

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it... feeling pretty damn dumb since it was so obvious. Anyway, here is a picture in case any fellow short bus riders have the same problem.

Attachments

·
Supercharged Mod
4,388 Posts
don't forget a picture of the finished installation!!

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
don't forget a picture of the finished installation!!
That might be a while... was planning on using a friends chain riveter to put my chain on. Notice its missing from the front sprocket there... yea well we broke it today on his chain. Shit damn grrrrrr now I need to buy one. :badteeth:

ETA - It was a Stockton Tool Co chain tool from CycleGear. Just in case anybody wanted to know, think I'm gonna spend the $$ and buy the RK one for me.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
That might be a while... was planning on using a friends chain riveter to put my chain on. Notice its missing from the front sprocket there... yea well we broke it today on his chain. Shit damn grrrrrr now I need to buy one. :badteeth:

ETA - It was a Stockton Tool Co chain tool from CycleGear. Just in case anybody wanted to know, think I'm gonna spend the $$ and buy the RK one for me.
the rk tool works great..I use it in the daily operations at the shop..give me a call if we can help..:thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts