Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 10r was european model and come with two stock o2 sensor,now i have installed pcv and auto tune kits and it seems worked fine.

I heard a lot about the o2 sensor and got confused now,must i pull the stock o2 sensor away?if the answer is yes.would it be no problem if i dont install the o2 sensor eliminators and leave the bike with FI light on?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
138 Posts
My 10r was european model and come with two stock o2 sensor,now i have installed pcv and auto tune kits and it seems worked fine.

I heard a lot about the o2 sensor and got confused now,must i pull the stock o2 sensor away?if the answer is yes.would it be no problem if i dont install the o2 sensor eliminators and leave the bike with FI light on?

Thanks in advance!
The pc v wont work in the area the o2 sensors operate,if its so with the autotune I dont know.
I have the pc v and I put on o2 eliminators on mine, I installed the eliminators for the 07 zx10r and works fine!

:idea:I think you can use one of the o2 sensor bungs for the autotune o2 sensor and leave the other one as it is as long as you get the eliminators.:dontknow: Dont take my word on this but its my thought!

I got this email from dynojet the other day.

The 02 sensor only controls the lower throttle and RPM range for emission purposes. I don’t have the exact specifics on which area it controls. We are working on an 02 sensor controller so we will be able to control the entire area but until we finish the controller box we will not be doing any testing on the bike. At this time I have no ETA on the controller box.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks.

Mike Shefler

Dynojet Research Inc.

1-800-992-4993

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your help first!

i think the problem was whatever o2 eliminators used,it can't not stop the bike run into close loop,the dynojet eliminators just cheat the ECU think the stock o2 sensor are still there as far as i know.

but what will ECU think if the bike running rich or lean?unless the eliminators can provide the proper voltage signal to ECU and let ECU think the AFR was just 14.7,ECU will constantly rich or lean the map till ECU get the proper voltage signal.so,that is means,even though the FI light will not on,if i put wrong resistor to simulate the output voltage signal of o2 sensor to ECU, ECU will constantly recieve a rich or lean signal because the resistor was never changed,so ECU will constantly reduce or add fuel no matter how i set power commander,and finally,the bike will run too lean or too rich.

how can i break the close loop?must i pull the o2 sensor away and leave the FI light on?i am afraid the ECU will run into some safe mode which restrict the ignition time or something power commander can not adjusted.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
by the way,i emailed dynojet three days ago with no responding yet.i wanna just give them a call but i am so afraid because of my poor english. would someone do this favor for me?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts