Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ive had my bike for lets say bout a month now, and must go faster, lol. so far mod list is short and sweet, k&n filter and muzzy slip on....so without going crazy like turbo or nos what else is my best bang for the buck?? dont wanna change gearing really since i do alot of highway riding, but if ya can point me in the right direction, i would be much appreciated

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
must go faster

so ive had my bike for lets say bout a month now, and must go faster, lol. so far mod list is short and sweet, k&n filter and muzzy slip on....so without going crazy like turbo or nos what else is my best bang for the buck?? dont wanna change gearing really since i do alot of highway riding, but if ya can point me in the right direction, i would be much appreciated

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Down hill, and a tail wind.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Id buy a Pc3 and remove the secondary throttle plates. made a hell of a differnece on my bike. the throttle plates alone are supposed to be good for a few hp and it cost nothing.

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Gearing is a must on the 1st gen... your bike will be sooooo much faster...
Other than that you have the usual stuff
Full exhaust
PCIII
Ignition module
Race gas (this is a cheap one lol)
Head gasket
Cams

·
Registered
685 Posts
How much money and time are you willing to put into the bike?

Once you answer those questions, its gives the rest of us something to go off for recommendations.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i just ordered my pc3 like 2 seconds ago from motomummy and having them put a map on it for my filter and slip on, my ?? is with the secondaries is what is the effects of it, like driveabilitly, reliability, do i have to get it tuned??

also what are your thoughts on cams??

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
money is endless, just not all at same time, i mean basically i have bout a grand to dump, i just ordered my pc3 like 5 minutes ago and when it comes im gonna get it custom tuned, alot of people talking about the secondaries needing removed?? whats that all about, pros and cons

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
well i just ordered my pc3 like 2 seconds ago from motomummy and having them put a map on it for my filter and slip on, my ?? is with the secondaries is what is the effects of it, like driveabilitly, reliability, do i have to get it tuned??

you have 2 threads opened/started with the same title, please help keep this site clean it's not necessary in this case :headshake will merge to the Performance and Tech section for both threads.

bloo

·
Registered
376 Posts

i was skeptical about removing the secondaries, but after i did i was amazed. theres better throttle response and it feels so much smoother. it feels like it gained a lot of mid range imo. I currently have a map downloaded from dyno jet but i plan on getting mine custom tuned sometime soon.

i have no comment on the cams cause i have no experience with that matter lol.

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
money is endless, just not all at same time, i mean basically i have bout a grand to dump, i just ordered my pc3 like 5 minutes ago and when it comes im gonna get it custom tuned, alot of people talking about the secondaries needing removed?? whats that all about, pros and cons
I would only spend money on a custom tune after you get all your mods in... or it will be just a waste of money.

Secondaries some people say gives u a ponie up top, but loose mid range.
I did because it is free and didnt feel any difference...
1 grand would be pciii and a full system

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you have 2 threads opened/started with the same title, please help keep this site clean it's not necessary in this case :headshake will merge to the Performance and Tech section for both threads.

bloo
thankyou, i realized i did it wrong the first time, and couldnt figure out how to delete, thankyou

·
Registered
608 Posts
There is a sticky thread that talks about must have mode for the zx10 on the site...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts