Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone have a rather rare part for sale

MSS Kawasaki subframe rear remover and battery tray

Asking $260USD that includes shipping from Australia $$ to USA, ppl interested from other countries ill have to get a quote

any questions ask away :)

Also have a Tekarbon race tail for sale (as picture in the 3rd photo) but would prob cost more than new if you bought it on its own, buy it with the subframe rear remove and battery tray ill work out a deal ;)

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
This is too cool.
GLWS

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can i get a link for the original product ?
I dont believe MSS Kawasaki actually has a website but its on there facebook page. you can email them for a price list, that's what I did.

Its a race part used by there BSB team, it is also used by other BSB and WSBK teams.

for reference its under half of what I paid for it -_-.

https://www.facebook.com/MSS-Colchester-Kawasaki-British-Superbike-Team-214741801910712/?fref=ts

By the looks of it they are using it on the gen 5 also, maybe with modifications to hold the ecu im not sure??? could ask MSS Kawasaki

Leon's bike in BSB last week, if you look at the area near the ehxaust hanger bracket the battery tray bit ;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
just to be clear im not checking on the price your word is enough :D

is it ok if the bike gets used on the road from time to time ? or you wouldn't recommend ?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just to be clear im not checking on the price your word is enough :D

is it ok if the bike gets used on the road from time to time ? or you wouldn't recommend ?
I used mine on the road all the time but you have to get creative with the stock harness as you essentially have half the space. Obviously you'd have to come up with a tail light and indicators solution also because you'd be using a race tail with it.

If I could do it all again I probably get one of those complete CRC race tails that includes the seat would make things a breeze to put on and take off because 1 piece. I have some tail lights I can throw in as well.

essentially to make it a roady and tracker just make a fender with a bit of metal from the local hardware store and have the indictors and tail light on that as at the back of the subframe delete there are 2 bolt locations you can mount it to, then just use some quick disconnects and makes taking the plate and lights off easy when you hit the track.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Call me incompetent, but how exactly would you secure the tail with this delete?
if you're using a full race tail it bolts to the bolts under the seat.

The tail I used uses the two mounting points on the top of the subframe side plates, its not the greatest setup but it works.

·
Registered
95 Posts
if you're using a full race tail it bolts to the bolts under the seat.

The tail I used uses the two mounting points on the top of the subframe side plates, its not the greatest setup but it works.
Mine uses both. The seat and top of the subframe.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts