Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 zx10r
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been as carefull as I can will the MSS OEM bracket but now no matter how many times I treid to carefully fit it it, somewhow, it managed to strip my damn threads.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Wow man, I’m sorry to hear that. I’ve had good luck with the oil catch can/rectifier bracket.

·
Registered
18 zx10r
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess Its good on the race kit versions but I tried every way to fit this one and, as carefull as was, It still didn't fit right.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had similar issue with the bracket I think the holes are the correct size but after painting/coating proces the holes are to tight I just whent through them with a drll did not cut any material just paint and they fit.

·
Registered
18 zx10r
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone know what that thread hole is used for? Asking just in case I should helicoil or place a timesert there.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was talking about the mss 3.5 schock linkage the suplied bolts would not go through the holes on one side without removing some paint the threads where fine though.
I als have to rectifier bracket from them and that did not fit well either but could be my fault because my radiator is slightly bend from crashing...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Good to know after I’ve already ordered one of the rectifier relocation brackets LOL.
chances are if your radiator is ok you will be just fine.
Also have mss clipons and looked at their throttle but chosen another brand because itseemed a bit to expensive to me.

·
Registered
2012 (Gen4) ZX-10R
970 Posts
I can’t tell what it is? Looks like headers I can see in your photo but having trouble orienting myself...

What’s the bracket for?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts