Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry no action shots...

...and less than a week before my first race...Im such an IDIOT!!!:angryfire:BangHead::angryfire:BangHead::angryfire:BangHead::angryfire:BangHead::angryfire:BangHead::angryfire:BangHead::angryfire:BangHead::crybaby2:

and thats not even the side I fell on...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Hill what happen man??? you allright? i'm awake just here doin homework.!!! didn't want to see this!

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
dammit this is not good pilgrim :sad: sure hope your physically Ok.

BD

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Big Daddy said:
dammit this is not good pilgrim :sad: sure hope your physically Ok.

BD
:+1: at least let us know if your alright....or I will go to Hill country and find out myself. lol

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
:sad: i hate to see that bro, I pray you are ok. gimme'a call later

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Why would you do such a thing???

I am sure youre fine or you would have posted something on it...

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
I hate to see that Alton. A report on how you're doing would be in order about now. :dontknow:

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry guys...It was late last night and it'd been a long day.

Physically...I have a strawberry on my elbow. Thats it.

What happened: I was rollin with my friend on his purdy 998 DUC...waitin for him on the straights, but we were dicin it up in the technical parts...

well make a long story short...into T1 he was in front of me and he ran off the track...well he kept it up and got back on the track into T2 ahead of me...

I figured he'd be spooked and ride slower so I passed him on the back straight...

Went into a couple of turns, then in the right hander before the key hole...set her in hard, and I think I just leaned the bike over too much and dumped it. My tires weren't very good at all...but I didint' think I was goin that fast.

but I was all the way in the turn and just lost traction...mild low side, ~60 mph bike slid off the track and when it hit the dirt fliped over and dented my tank and frame.

its mostly cosmetic though. I will be doing fiberglass work this week though, and swapping out my fender and tank. Also my ram air tube broke. Suprisingly enough, my case cover held up quite well, but I doubt could withstand another off on that side.

The MotoGP Kangaroo suit held up great! Im sad it dont look pretty any more...but neither does my bike...:sad:

I wont get the chance to paint it but hopefully I can before the next race...we'll see.

I was also offered to ride someone elses bike in the races...I didnt' take them up on the offer though, pretty neat though! lol...that was after I wrecked too...DOH!

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Good to hear that you're OK. Sorry about the bike, but that's just metal, rubber, and plastic. Main thing is you came out unhurt.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
damn hillbillly, glad you are ok though

·
Registered
335 Posts
Glad your ok!!!
Dont worry about your leathers, when there scuffed it makes you look more experienced.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Stretchy said:
Glad your ok!!!
Dont worry about your leathers, when there scuffed it makes you look more experienced.
Exerience is expensive...although priceless...

vicious circle....:headshake Maybe it'll pay off next week...:badteeth:

Reactions: gpz1100

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
hillcountry10r said:
Sorry guys...It was late last night and it'd been a long day.

Physically...I have a strawberry on my elbow. Thats it.

What happened: I was rollin with my friend on his purdy 998 DUC...waitin for him on the straights, but we were dicin it up in the technical parts...

well make a long story short...into T1 he was in front of me and he ran off the track...well he kept it up and got back on the track into T2 ahead of me...

I figured he'd be spooked and ride slower so I passed him on the back straight...

Went into a couple of turns, then in the right hander before the key hole...set her in hard, and I think I just leaned the bike over too much and dumped it. My tires weren't very good at all...but I didint' think I was goin that fast.

but I was all the way in the turn and just lost traction...mild low side, ~60 mph bike slid off the track and when it hit the dirt fliped over and dented my tank and frame.

its mostly cosmetic though. I will be doing fiberglass work this week though, and swapping out my fender and tank. Also my ram air tube broke. Suprisingly enough, my case cover held up quite well, but I doubt could withstand another off on that side.

The MotoGP Kangaroo suit held up great! Im sad it dont look pretty any more...but neither does my bike...:sad:

I wont get the chance to paint it but hopefully I can before the next race...we'll see.

I was also offered to ride someone elses bike in the races...I didnt' take them up on the offer though, pretty neat though! lol...that was after I wrecked too...DOH!
Good to hear you are ok Alton. How bad is the frame? Hope you can get it back together soon. Let me know if yah need anything.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
zx10ragentorange said:
Good to hear you are ok Alton. How bad is the frame? Hope you can get it back together soon. Let me know if yah need anything.
can you send me your frame? Ill send you mine back!

not that mines bad...but I'd rather have a perfect one...

Oh and the scratches dont look good either.

·
Registered
335 Posts
hillcountry10r said:
Exerience is expensive...although priceless...

vicious circle....:headshake Maybe it'll pay off next week...:badteeth:
Tell me about, i dropped my racebike in the dirt after running out of brakes about a month ago.

Damage wasnt that bad but getting the brakes sorted took some dollars.

Hope you can get it all sorted in time for the race and best of luck to you.

Just make sure you keep your mind on the job at hand next time.:smile:

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I think the wreck was photochopped the dents and shadows dont match up lol...

Good to hear your ok dood...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts