Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

MSR Cresson, TX 5/30/09

1K views 18 replies 4 participants last post by  dudewhrsmybike 
#1 ·
I just signed up for Saturday, will be my second track day and it is not supposed to rain... :thumbsup:

Who is going? Gonna be the 3.1 mile 16 turn course, looks like fun.

#3 ·
Sat
May 30

Sunny
Sunny

89°
65°

0%

From the Southeast

5mph

MONEY man!!!!!!! Look for me while you are there, same 02 ZX-6 (green/black/yellow), black chevy 2500 HD crew cab.

-Nick

#7 ·
Sat
May 30

Sunny
Sunny

89°
65°

0%

From the Southeast

5mph

MONEY man!!!!!!! Look for me while you are there, same 02 ZX-6 (green/black/yellow), black chevy 2500 HD crew cab.

-Nick
lol Thanks for the weather report!

If you haven't already watched them, there's some good vids of the 3.1 on Youtube. I like to familiarize myself with them before I go to a new track. BTW there's some blind corners on this layout.

I prefer the car vids to the MCs, it's easier to see the track when it stays level.

#4 · (Edited)
You guys have fun, I was supposed to go but my wreck is gonna keep me down for a bit.
Never been to Cresson before. Looks like a blast!

#10 ·
I never saw you out there Andy, but it was really crowded... 45 people per group x 4 groups so it figures we never ran into each other. I ended up riding till about 3 and then on the last lap of the session in turn 19 I pulled in the clutch and my bike just died. Absolutely no power, got home and the battery only has 2.3 volts. Got some work to do on it I guess, but I had a blast. Can't wait for the bike cam video of me and my pics next week.

#11 ·
I never saw you either. And your bike and trailer were parked not too far from me! I think I might have had the best trackday ever. By the end of the day I was passing everyone that had been passing me in the morning.

That sucks about your bike, hope it's an easy fix.

#14 ·
I think it should be pretty easy to fix... dead battery, possibly a dead regulator rectifier, the battery is only a few months old so there is likely a charging problem. It was hot out there today, but man was it fun. I too was improving rapidly, glad you had a great day out there.

I did not meet any houston boys, hardly met anyone. I guess that goes with the territory though since Levels one and two are in class when we are not on the track. I think I will be in level 2 next time though since I was seriously being held back by some really slow riders and it was killing my momentum.

I will be back to one of them in July for sure... just not sure which one yet.

I will post up the video and pics when I get them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.