Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried e85 and the bike just didnt respond. kept throwing fuel at it, and wouldnt lean out. Crushed regulator @ 63 psi. Going with either mr12 or mrxo1and back to a stock pump..any thoughts, i know Mr12 makes more power but have been told by a few folks to go with mrx01 because now i have a "motor"?? In my mind what there is no reason why i cant go with MR12. Called vp and they said im fine to run Mr12. The bike is all motor..no spray...for now..LOL

My set up, 08 vance and hines head pro port head, 400 web intake, 358 exhaust, 108/110, 2 mil je 13.5 pistons, .50 head gasket, ape race balanced crank, 1st gear mod,full ti exhaust, guhl flashed 14.2k redline, pcv, ignition module, bike never sees below 8k or the street 1/4 mile only..thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Tried e85 and the bike just didnt respond. kept throwing fuel at it, and wouldnt lean out. Crushed regulator @ 63 psi. Going with either mr12 or mrxo1and back to a stock pump..any thoughts, i know Mr12 makes more power but have been told by a few folks to go with mrx01 because now i have a "motor"?? In my mind what there is no reason why i cant go with MR12. Called vp and they said im fine to run Mr12. The bike is all motor..no spray...for now..LOL

My set up, 08 vance and hines head pro port head, 400 web intake, 358 exhaust, 108/110, 2 mil je 13.5 pistons, .50 head gasket, ape race balanced crank, 1st gear mod,full ti exhaust, guhl flashed 14.2k redline, pcv, ignition module, bike never sees below 8k or the street 1/4 mile only..thanks in advance.
mr12 is only 87 octane, and with 13.5 comp even though your intake cam is on 108 centerline it's going to be close to detonation unless you pull some timing out, but then you will lose power. But if she doesn't ping it should make great power.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mr12 is only 87 octane, and with 13.5 comp even though your intake cam is on 108 centerline it's going to be close to detonation unless you pull some timing out, but then you will lose power. But if she doesn't ping it should make great power.
thanks for the feedback, so its kinda of a toss [email protected] $125/can...i need to do some more research. I think im going to give VP another call today just to get a little clarity.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
u won't detonate on mr12, with your compression, vp states MON octane values which indicates how well a fuel resists detonation under high load, also the high evaporation and cooling effect of mr12 make it more detonation resistant. cant compare mr12's 87 octane to pump 87, they are measured differently. MON is measured at higher rpm, higher inlet temp, more ignition timing as a race engine experiences than the pump # which is a average of two standards. mr12 pump rated octane is 93 in value, but its consistency and cooling actually make it higher. run the mr12, for full advantage u need specific tune, this gas is out there by itself when it comes to tuning. my dyno graph picked up 5hp at 6k increasing all the way to 10+ at redline. i run 13+ comp. with +3 timing. hands down the best race fuel for u, expect half the results on mrx01. i have 2 very similiar bikes tuned for each and this is what we found on the same dyno tuning both.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
u won't detonate on mr12, with your compression, vp states MON octane values which indicates how well a fuel resists detonation under high load, also the high evaporation and cooling effect of mr12 make it more detonation resistant. cant compare mr12's 87 octane to pump 87, they are measured differently. MON is measured at higher rpm, higher inlet temp, more ignition timing as a race engine experiences than the pump # which is a average of two standards. mr12 pump rated octane is 93 in value, but its consistency and cooling actually make it higher. run the mr12, for full advantage u need specific tune, this gas is out there by itself when it comes to tuning. my dyno graph picked up 5hp at 6k increasing all the way to 10+ at redline. i run 13+ comp. with +3 timing. hands down the best race fuel for u, expect half the results on mrx01. i have 2 very similiar bikes tuned for each and this is what we found on the same dyno tuning both.
As always Jim, greatly appreciate that wealth of knowledge you have and willingly share:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts