Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried e85 and the bike just didnt respond. kept throwing fuel at it, and wouldnt lean out. Crushed regulator @ 63 psi. Going with either mr12 or mrxo1and back to a stock pump..any thoughts, i know Mr12 makes more power but have been told by a few folks to go with mrx01 because now i have a "motor"?? In my mind what there is no reason why i cant go with MR12. Called vp and they said im fine to run Mr12. The bike is all motor..no spray...for now..LOL

My set up, 08 vance and hines head pro port head, 400 web intake, 358 exhaust, 108/110, 2 mil je 13.5 pistons, .50 head gasket, ape race balanced crank, 1st gear mod,full ti exhaust, guhl flashed 14.2k redline, pcv, ignition module, bike never sees below 8k or the street 1/4 mile only..thanks in advance.

·
Registered
974 Posts
just a question on your wording....."you kept throwing fuel at it and it wouldn't "lean" out"....more fuel richens, as you well know.....were you looking for a specific A/F other then 12.8:1 ???
E85 has a potential 33% oxygen in it, so it should start lean to begin with....then the approx. 25-30% fuel to bring the ratio back down.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Conversing with VP also, with my +3mm and decked head, they still suggested the MR12 as the first pick, MROX1, U 4.4 and something for the fourth....I think for the price difference it's up to your budget....MR12 being top dog, and if you want or need more power, then it's back inside the motor you go.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Conversing with VP also, with my +3mm and decked head, they still suggested the MR12 as the first pick, MROX1, U 4.4 and something for the fourth....I think for the price difference it's up to your budget....MR12 being top dog, and if you want or need more power, then it's back inside the motor you go.
i decided to go with mr12, so far so good...not issues. No pinging...sounds great....now the issue is it keeps blowing the tire off on the dyno.

·
Registered
974 Posts
sweet.....with the MR12 does the "regular" tune run rich or lean?

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the regular tune would run rich, since the Mr12 requires more fuel. I tuned the Mr12 to 12.8 a/f

1 - 6 of 6 Posts