Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! New to the forum! So I've had my ninja 300 a little over a year and a half and getting ready to move up, just not sure between a zx6r and a zx10r.

A little back story about me, I've been riding dirt bikes and quads for about 10 years and felt comfortable right when I jumped on the 300 and only about 2 or 3 weeks later I was over the power. I've stuck with it for a while now and feel that I have outgrown this bike and need something bigger. I also hate reving it up so high on the freeway (about 9K for 45 minutes straight).

My problem is deciding between the 6r and 10r. There are a few concerns that I have with the 6r, one being that I will get over the power as well, which I don't think I will but don't wanna risk it, another concern is MPG's my friend has a 1000 and his wife a 600 and when they ride together his wife runs out of gas much faster since shes running on higher RPM's on the highway (which I will be on the highway often). My concern about the 10r is it being too bulky for me to take on the canyon. I don't feel too concerned about power because I am pretty safe and take things slow to feel comfortable but I do like to lean into the corners (scrape my foot peg on the 300) and I'm not sure if the 10r will be too bulky from what I've heard. I rode my friends gsxr 750 and I liked the power but of course I also felt that I needed some practice with it since I was only able to ride it for about 15 minutes.

PS. I will mostly commute on this bike with a few canyon runs

If you guys could give me some advice and help with my decision, thanks!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Welcome get whatever bike makes you happy thats what counts mpg doesn't mean much on a sportbike cause mpg depends on how you ride.i get like 35 mpg city 40 highway and 35 highway if i drive more aggresive. My 1 gen is pretty light and takes corners like the monster it is

Ps. 1 gens for the win

·
Registered
50 Posts
I came from the 300 also. I'm averaging 44mpg. I commute about 90 miles a day with it mostly 4 lane 70ish mph. If you want a liter bike go ahead and get it. No need to get a 600 just to trade it for a 1000.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts