Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I randomly decided to move to AZ 2 weeks ago.. Leaving the great snow covered state of Iowa the 27th this month! Now I can ride EVERYDAY! Who all lives in the area??

·
Registered
678 Posts
Yes woman everywhere. Be sure to hit up yarnell prescott and sedona. Great riding, highway 89 through wickenburg then to yarnell to prescott to flagstaff is where it is it! Just be careful in yarnell the fuzz is always around. Don't let the temperature fool you in phoenix. Flagstaff this time of year has snow. We forgot that one time and it was lovely getting snowed on after a hour and half ride in 70 degree weather. If you are into slummin haha hit up the salt river boobies and beer and floating down a river. The water is nasty but its all an experience

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes woman everywhere. Be sure to hit up yarnell prescott and sedona. Great riding, highway 89 through wickenburg then to yarnell to prescott to flagstaff is where it is it! Just be careful in yarnell the fuzz is always around. Don't let the temperature fool you in phoenix. Flagstaff this time of year has snow. We forgot that one time and it was lovely getting snowed on after a hour and half ride in 70 degree weather. If you are into slummin haha hit up the salt river boobies and beer and floating down a river. The water is nasty but its all an experience
Awesome! Thanks for the advice and input! There is a river in Wisconsin called Apple River; sounds identical! Lots of beer, boobies and relaxing on the river :mrgreen: haha..

Yeah, I have a friend who lives in Flagstaff and she said they've got some snow right now. Crazy how its only 2 hours away and the temperature difference is that extreme. It's like 11 degrees here in Iowa right now!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Yea it is def weird. I do miss it out there. I was pissed when the air force sent me there being a northeastern guy. But they I was pissed when the AF moved me out of there. You will enjoy yourself. There are alot of traffic cameras even on the highways so be wary of them. If you have never been to cali I highly recommend san diego also. Its like 5 1/2 to 6 hours away and one of the coolest places I went to while I was out there.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Riding sick could turn bad quick! Don't blame ya! Thanks for the forum information.. I won't know anyone in AZ who rides so I'm gonna have to meet up with some randoms whom preferably aren't SSQQUUIIDDSSSS and ride kawi's!! :badteeth::badteeth:
Seems like most of the guys on that forum are decent. DucatiBrandon on this site is also in the Phoenix area. I think there are a few others. We have several nice tracks relatively close as well.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Just hit me up when you get here. I know just about everybody on a sportbike and at the track. To cold for me to ride today it was like 72 lol.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea it is def weird. I do miss it out there. I was pissed when the air force sent me there being a northeastern guy. But they I was pissed when the AF moved me out of there. You will enjoy yourself. There are alot of traffic cameras even on the highways so be wary of them. If you have never been to cali I highly recommend san diego also. Its like 5 1/2 to 6 hours away and one of the coolest places I went to while I was out there.

Where you originally from? My roommate just got out of the AF after 9 yrs.. Went to the AF Academy.. He's originally Delaware. Were you a pilot, or?

I was wondering about the traffic cameras, but I heard freeway pace is like ~100mph? Definitely looking forward to the location. San Diego will be one of the first moto trips I make when it warms up a bit! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Seems like most of the guys on that forum are decent. DucatiBrandon on this site is also in the Phoenix area. I think there are a few others. We have several nice tracks relatively close as well.

Never been on a track! Have always wanted to, but there really aren't any close to where I've been residing the past several years. Guess I'm gonna get the chance to now! I can hang with the best of them here is good ol' Iowa, but AZ will be a different story.. :notworthy:wave:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just hit me up when you get here. I know just about everybody on a sportbike and at the track. To cold for me to ride today it was like 72 lol.

I will definitely do that. You'll have to show me the good routes to take! Sooo pumped to get into some canyons. 72 was too cold!? :spit: the last time I had my bike out, it was like 21 degrees! haha :suicide:

·
Registered
678 Posts
I am from upstate NY. No not a pilot. I am a Crew Chief on F-16's. When I was leaving they were putting up the free way traffic cameras and I think they will still snap you for like 80. I think they were just on the 101 I could be mistaken on that though.

Where you originally from? My roommate just got out of the AF after 9 yrs.. Went to the AF Academy.. He's originally Delaware. Were you a pilot, or?

I was wondering about the traffic cameras, but I heard freeway pace is like ~100mph? Definitely looking forward to the location. San Diego will be one of the first moto trips I make when it warms up a bit! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
871 Posts
yea its cold out here right now well @ least to me LOL im just going to start modding the bike while its cold so next year she's ready to go let us know when you get here maybe we can meet up and turn a few corners

·
Registered
927 Posts
I thought I was fast until a kid on a 125 made me look silly at the track. Now I just hope to make it out without any broken body parts.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yea its cold out here right now well @ least to me LOL im just going to start modding the bike while its cold so next year she's ready to go let us know when you get here maybe we can meet up and turn a few corners

sorry for the late reply! qwest FINALLY came to hook up the internet.. bastards!

where do you live @ in Mesa? i live in Gilbert on Pecos and Val Vista @ Azul Apartments.. lets hit some FU*KING TWISTIES! haha.. i rode out to Tortilla Flats the other day.. that was a pretty fun ride. Ever been out that way?

Its must to be too cold for a lot of ppl.. The only sport bikes I've seen out here are old bikes and 250r Ninjas..

I'm going for a ride this Sunday (tomorrow) with a couple ppl from my complex.. They ride Buells, so I'm gonna have to Rep for Team Green and let em see the back on the 10r (obviously!!!) :badteeth::badteeth::badteeth::mrgreen:

i'll shoot ya a PM

1 - 20 of 22 Posts