Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the wife and i have hit a rough spot.. and instead of divorce we've decided to move halfways across the country and start over.

Her uncle is some renound surgeon down there and is going to help us get on our feet after the move.

Is anyone in or near the tarpon springs area? (close to clearwater if i am correct?)

I believe this is where we will be going. Lemme know!

·
Man About Town
1,076 Posts
Best of luck to you.
Lived further South near Sebring for a bit.
In Thailand now then back to CA soon.
Big temp change down in FL compared to Maine.
Good riding but frequent heavy rain and lots
of cops. The temps there are similar to here
in Thailand = Miserable :(

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
call me crazy but id say florida is a huge upgrade from maine. Id say ditch the wife and enjoy life.

but since you decide to go a different route id say good luck...and if worse comes to worse there is always a full supply of hot women.

·
Registered
26 Posts
good luck on the move!! I live in clearwater.. about 30 mins south of tarpon springs.. all the "good roads" actually start up closer to tarpon springs.

·
Man About Town
1,076 Posts
Id say ditch the wife and enjoy life.
and if worse comes to worse there is always a full supply of hot women.
Same in Thailand and it's cheaper to rent than to buy.... Just sayin' :mrgreen:

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol @ the replies about the wife.

Is the area nice? what is there to do around there..?
Good fishing?

·
Chairman of the Board
16,037 Posts
Im about 60 miles east of you. The fishing will be fantastic around Tarpon Springs. The summer time temp will probably be a shocker though.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,810 Posts
I'm in north Tampa not too far from Tarpon Springs. It's a nice area when I've been over there, but it's crowded and you'll have to come over my way to find some "decent" riding in the area. You're going to hate the heat, humidity, traffic, lovebugs, and rain showers in the summer. But you'll love the winters, the beaches, the convenience of everything, and all the hot girls if the marriage doesn't work out.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What kind of temps are we talking here?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Well, it usually hits 100 many times in MS. So I would assume that FL would be about the same if not worse. Plus you have the 90+% humidity. It's HOT.

·
Man About Town
1,076 Posts
and the skeeters, almost forgot about those bastards......

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,810 Posts
It's pretty consistent temperature-wise from about June through October. Tarpon is closer to the Gulf so it moderates the temps. It'll be about 92 degrees everyday for the high and about 78 degrees for the low. It won't seem that hot until you open the door and it feels like someone hit you with a wet wash cloth across the face from the humidity. You get used to it though and everything is air conditioned down here. If you like water sports (fishing, boating, jet skis, etc), then it'll be great. It's really not that bad once you get used to it, but it will be a big change from Maine. Your summer up in Maine is our winter time!

The Gulf and lakes around here stay a LOT warmer than the water you're used to. Most people in FL who have lived here for awhile will tell you that they won't get in the water if the temp drops below about 80 degree water temp. It's true! :lol:

Don't let us all scare you, just be prepared for a change from where you're at and run with it. I think you'll like it. Just like the rest of the Northerners who come down here!

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
Yea, Florida is very hot. Like if you don't have ac in your house during the summer you could seriously die.... Haha well maybe not that hot, but that's what it feels like! Good luck with the move and i think it's awesome that you guys aren't just getting a divorce. Seems like thats what everyone else in today's society does. That's awesome that you both are willing to fight for your relationship and I hope it works out for you guys! Good luck in Florida man, you will love it! Although I would pick the mountains (Colorado) over florida or any beach 10 times out of 10, but to each his own. Good luck man!

·
Chairman of the Board
16,037 Posts
i use to live there fishin was great but the $1126 wheelie tickets where a bitch!
DO NOT get caught with the front tire off the ground! $1000.00 for the first offense, $2500.00 for the second and the third they take your bike. They dont play here.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,810 Posts
DO NOT get caught with the front tire off the ground! $1000.00 for the first offense, $2500.00 for the second and the third they take your bike. They dont play here.
Yup! They've made it much more compelling to run from the cops if caught doing them in FL. :rolleyes:

·
Does not drive into smoke
2,156 Posts
It won't seem that hot until you open the door and it feels like someone hit you with a wet wash cloth across the face from the humidity. You get used to it though and everything is air conditioned down here.
When you say "get used to it", do you mean that people stop sweating and feeling hot, or that it stops bothering you?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,810 Posts
When you say "get used to it", do you mean that people stop sweating and feeling hot, or that it stops bothering you?
Oh, no, you still sweat! It's just you get used to the swamp-ass when working outside.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts