Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Sorry to say it, but Lancaster is a shithole. It used to be a somewhat small high desert community, and they actually had a dragstrip there. Then with the housing boom they built a ton of cheap houses for people to live in. It all crashed in the housing crash and Lancaster got hit hard. It's hot, dusty, and dry, and the wind never stops blowing. The crime is awful, and more people don't speak english than do. There are some good jobs there with the aircraft, and military stuff, but for a place to live, I can't think of much worse. Good luck. Mike.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
The good thing is that you'll be 20 mns away from Willow Springs and

Streets racetracks....beside that 880turbo nailed it..hot, dusty and windy...but

coming from AZ maybe not much of a change ?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Besides willow springs there is Kernville with some great hwy ,,, 190 / 158 / 178 and much more ...all fun ,,, There is a ZRXOA rally there every yr in October starts at the kern lodge ... this yr its the 4/5/6th

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,371 Posts
There's only TWO Starbucks in town.
NOT GOOD!
Not good at all.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I landed one of those good jobs working aircraft out at Edwards. As for the weather it has to be better than living in Tucson. This place is a hell hole. I do appreciate the info. We drove through the area last weekend and it's way better than the place outside the gate of the base. I'll checkout those forums.

We did hitup a Starbucks that was inside a Vons supermarket and it was pretty good.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
you just lost your class 3 privileges too.
Class 3? You talking about the BX Commissary and Class 6? I'm retired military so I got those for life :thumbsup:

Or you talking about guns? If so those types of weapons are not a huge deal for me.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
weapons man. Cali, you cant have shit for guns. And you cant carry anything unless you get your CCW

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Hey Quick.....I am originally from LA and as a young lad in the Air Force I lived on Edwards Air Force base for about a 1 Month. I helped at the time back in the late 80s( showing my age :lol:) installed new equipment at the time for a New Air Traffic Control tower....was mostly button stuff back then sure it's all Touch screen displays and WiFi stuff now though :lol: but point being I had a Motorcycle back then went into Lancaster many times too and don't remember the weather being an issue like say when I went to Arizona for a vacation in the summer it's much worse there :badteeth: the good thing is you will be close to many things even non Motorcycle related. :wink:

early Welcome to California :eek:ccasion1:

Bloo

·
Does not drive into smoke
2,156 Posts
AZ is bad if you look like a Mexican. Otherwise it's cheap, it has saguaros and no earthquakes. :badteeth:

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
weapons man. Cali, you cant have shit for guns. And you cant carry anything unless you get your CCW
just get a SENCO and shoot ppl with that :lol:

·
Registered
153 Posts
i do alot of prototype work that we test at edwards which means me staying in the area for a decent amount of time and i am going to have to agree that the lancaster palmdale rosemond mojave is a shithole. but on the brighter side you can buy a bitchin house for cheap (california cheap anyway) but if you want to live in a much nicer area for a lil more money (in my opinion, well worth the extra cash) live in canyon country or santa clarita. regardless of where you end up living in the area there is alot of good twisties in that area. so enjoy my friend

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i do alot of prototype work that we test at edwards which means me staying in the area for a decent amount of time and i am going to have to agree that the lancaster palmdale rosemond mojave is a shithole. but on the brighter side you can buy a bitchin house for cheap (california cheap anyway) but if you want to live in a much nicer area for a lil more money (in my opinion, well worth the extra cash) live in canyon country or santa clarita. regardless of where you end up living in the area there is alot of good twisties in that area. so enjoy my friend
I'm going to be installing test systems on the F-15. Maybe we'll run into each other :thumbsup: I'm excited about getting out of Tucson even if it's to go to Lancaster or wherever CA lol :thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts